No announcement yet.

Jimmy Ellis: The forgotten Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Gracie really never used mui Thai he used just straight up front high kicks to distract Hackney,i'll watch that fight again I don't recall him using mui thai ,I highly doubt that,he played make believe striker to set up take downs or clinches.
    He lands a couple of knees to the face on Hackney before finally being able to pull guard and armbar him. If you prefer then, you can say he used some muay thai techniques at times. Other than Hackney, I'm thinking of when he threw those leg kicks to set up the takedown on boxer Art Jimmerson. And yeah front kicks to the body and a few to the head against Hackney, you're right on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      He lands a couple of knees to the face on Hackney before finally being able to pull guard and armbar him. If you prefer then, you can say he used some muay thai techniques at times. Other than Hackney, I'm thinking of when he threw those leg kicks to set up the takedown on boxer Art Jimmerson. And yeah front kicks to the body and a few to the head against Hackney, you're right on that.
      The point was, is and remains: regardless of any reason there are different expectations now in the sport as opposed to in the past. Its not just MMA. My old man played baritone horn for the New York Philamonic Orchestra and was a music teacher and friends with such musicians as Charlie Mingus and he has told me "Darrell today? the kids play with such technical bravado, they know so much more and are so much more accomplished then we were."

There are alas reasons for when things evolve

Comment

Was looking for this thread, so said I'd bump it seeing as it just turned out to be arguing ha

Comment

Working...
        X