Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whitaker is usually considered a top 10-20 ATG why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List the results of your last eye exam.

Comment

Forget about a list. All lists are subjective. Whitaker was a superior boxer... The best I've seen. He was a master defensively, great accuracy and work rate, and ring generalship. All the things you want to see in an ATG. At his prime he would beat most if not all the current boxers from LW to MW. Drugs ended his career prematurely but while he was clean he was virtually unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
        This is so stupid. He might be the only fighter who gets credit for wins that he didn't actually win. He lost against JCC and ODH, get over it.
        Really is that what the official record says?

Comment

Originally posted by Malius View Post
          Yep, DLH was the cash cow and the crowd went nuts everytime he completely missed his combinations.

Take those decisions in his favor (as I feel he deserves) and many people will have him on in their top 15.

Top 10 I say no. But was a great champion and defensive master.
          Using your logic I have ODLH in my top ten

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
            Old?he lost to Oscar at 33 and got dominated by Tito at 35
            He meant 'wasnt prime" and 35 is old in boxing specialy if yu use coke like boxers did in those times...

Comment

Who has him in their top 10, or even top 20? I don't see that very often. Top 20 sometimes, but never top 10.

Comment

whitaker was the original catch weight king. people make a big deal of him beating chavez. catchweight!

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                  This is so stupid. He might be the only fighter who gets credit for wins that he didn't actually win. He lost against JCC and ODH, get over it.
                  You think he lost against Chavez? I'd be interested to hear why?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    You think he lost against Chavez? I'd be interested to hear why?
                    He had a close as fightvs wilfredo rivera the first time many thought he lost

Comment

He was better then Floyd TS

Comment

Working...
                      X