Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez Was EXPOSED Last Night........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think some people can say Molina is Carlos Baldomir from '06 all over again. Molina has victories over guys he wasn't expected to win against. But that's where the ball stops. I don't think he should seriously be included with the top of the line fighters at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      I think some people can say Molina is Carlos Baldomir from '06 all over again. Molina has victories over guys he wasn't expected to win against. But that's where the ball stops. I don't think he should seriously be included with the top of the line fighters at 154.
      That's the thing, he probably shouldn't. But he's shown a lot more than baldimor. Decisive victory over Cintron and a Draw with Lara who has no excuses either, probably because he realizes if there was a winner, it wouldn't have been him. I don't think it will be far fetched to say Molina is cagey enough to give anyone who works off their jab hell. Kids better than we thought, and reinventing himself.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
        That's the thing, he probably shouldn't. But he's shown a lot more than baldimor. Decisive victory over Cintron and a Draw with Lara who has no excuses either, probably because he realizes if there was a winner, it wouldn't have been him. I don't think it will be far fetched to say Molina is cagey enough to give anyone who works off their jab hell. Kids better than we thought, and reinventing himself.
        I think the Baldomir vs Molina comparison is actually even.

I think Baldomir's victory over Judah after Judah was coming off a win against Spinks, at the time, is just as good as Molina's draw which should have been a victory over Lara.

Then, I think Baldomir's KO victory over Gatti, who was way over the hill, is just as good, if not better than Molina's victory over Cintron. I am so unimpressed with Cintron I don't even know where to start. He hasn't had a KO since Mathysse in '07.

I need to look at Molina again. I didn't think his victory over Cintron was great no more than I thought Cintron looked out right horrible. But, I'll give Molina the benefit of the doubt and look at some of his fights again. At this point, I just don't think he should be mentioned with the top yet.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
          No, not at all. You're looking at it wrong because Canelo is clearly the harder puncher. By that logic alone, Molina would never be able to outperform canelo because he'd never score a KO. That's just unfair. Compare it to someone else with a punch maybe, like Margaritos performances against Asesino.

Cintron, though knocked out and spent felt the urgency to throw big against Canelo and was fortunate enough to land some big punches in the process. Against Molina though, he was confused so much the entire way through that he literally sat and did nothing in rounds. I'd argue in front of Molina cintron felt lost, while against Canelo he just felt outmuscled. You can decide whats better based on preference.. but if a fighter makes me feel lost, all hats to him. Cintron couldn't figure him out and he had 12 rounds to do it. I think that's a better win overall. it shows a fighter can dominate for the longevity of a fight, not deviate from the plan, and not mess up. He was consistent. That says a lot.

EDIT -

Let me state that at this point I don't find a win against Cintron impressive at all, for the record. He looked better against Cintron than he did against Gomez and Gomez isn't supposed to be on Cintrons level. if anything that says a lot about where Cintron is today.

On top of that, anyone who saw the Cintron/Smith fight would know there was some seriously shady stuff going on in his favor. He was clearly outworked in that fight by the extremely loud Smith yet for some reason compubox had cintron has the guy who threw 1100 punches and Smith as teh guy who threw 800.

This was a head scratcher, as Cintron sat there and did nothing in spots and even for 2 entire rounds, while smith never stopped. But that's a different topic, all in all, i can't really give too much credit to anyone for the cintron win. Credit to Alvarez for getting him out of there though, only Margy was able to do it prior and it took him landing a lot more leather to do it, and props to Molina for showing everyone his class in clearly outclassing a former champion in Cintron.

But still, I'm waiting to see more from Canelo as we all are.

I think the question we should be asking when talking about Canelo and Molina together is how would Canelo do against Lara? That Draw with Molina was a gift, clearly, in an attempt to keep a highly touted prospect in the mix. Never the less, it said a lot about Molina and i'm sure we'd all like to see how Canelo/Lara would play out.
          Alright then let's take the KO out of the picture and let's look at other things. Molina did connect on Cintron at a higher % than Canelo (45 % vs 37%) but Canelo was better defensively, Cintron only landed 14% of his punches against 27% vs Molina. Canelo's +/- is also higher than Molina's (23 vs 18).

Good post though, I agree about Cintron not being a good win for anybody and he definitely didn't deserve a title shot.

Like you said, we need to see more of Canelo to see if he's the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            I think the Baldomir vs Molina comparison is actually even.

I think Baldomir's victory over Judah after Judah was coming off a win against Spinks, at the time, is just as good as Molina's draw which should have been a victory over Lara.

Then, I think Baldomir's KO victory over Gatti, who was way over the hill, is just as good, if not better than Molina's victory over Cintron. I am so unimpressed with Cintron I don't even know where to start. He hasn't had a KO since Mathysse in '07.

I need to look at Molina again. I didn't think his victory over Cintron was great no more than I thought Cintron looked out right horrible. But, I'll give Molina the benefit of the doubt and look at some of his fights again. At this point, I just don't think he should be mentioned with the top yet.
            I COMPLETELY forgot about that Gatti fight. Wow, maybe I just wanted to erase it from my memory entirely LOL. I guess Him and Baldimor is the perfect comparison. As for Molina, he's a big question mark.

He lacks serious pop and killer instinct. In fact, you'd think a guy with so much to prove would fight with more hunger. Instead, he's a fighter who squares up but somehow remains untouched the majority of the time. Cagey. Everything is very short and subtle with him. I always watched him and thought " there's nothing to him, he's the guy you feed to prospects as a 'step up' " or fighters looking to make a comeback as a tune up. And that's what he's been throughout his career too, but he's been better than that and better than anyone expected he'd be.

He's a cagey dude, that's for sure, and I expect to see more.....I don't know what word I'm looking for. More enthusiasm maybe? Drive.. more something, in his next outing against a nice name. I'm sure his confidence is high enough now where he will definitely bring a little more of whatever it is he brings to the ring.

Comment

Definitely hoping that Floyd will lay the golden egg for him.

Comment

i just hope alvarez finally starts fighting some of the top guys at jr. middleweight...

Comment

I thought expose means losing

Comment

Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
                    I thought expose means losing
                    Gomez exposed him and ref/golden girl ripped Gomez off by stopping fight mad early because Gomez was winning on points. Boxing is fixed for the money maker to win, its disgusting and makes me sick to my stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by uoykcuf View Post
                      Gomez exposed him and ref/golden girl ripped Gomez off by stopping fight mad early because Gomez was winning on points. Boxing is fixed for the money maker to win, its disgusting and makes me sick to my stomach.
                      Idk what fight you was watching

Comment

Working...
                      X