No announcement yet.

Im interested in IceMan John Scullys prediction of Jones/Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
    wait...didnt pacquaio quit for a headbutt against an easy opponent??........didnt pacquiao not get up from a low blow even though he was gonna get counted out??.......didnt chavez quit like 5 times????isnt he a crying little ***** every ****ing time things dont go his way??

Ali and Holyfield are warriors, that is undeniable......but then again theres so much steroid evidence against holyfield(i dnt think it erases holyfields obvious heart, but still)...
    I'm not sure which PAC fight you're referring to. But, when it mattered most, when it counted, when everything was on the line PAC f**kin' shined!! Same thing with Holyfield against all those Bowe fights. Roy's toughest fights were against Tarver and Calzaghe and none of 'em, atleast from my viewpoint was as grueling as PAC-Morales or any of the Holfield-Bowe fights.

How do you think RJJ would'v fared in his prime if he were to have been put in the same grueling match that Ali, Holyfield and PAC have experienced? My guess is, he'd crack like he has already shown.

Comment

• Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
      So tell me Ice, why does every friggin' coach/fighter/including you, advice fighters on fighting behind the jab? You and I know that the jab is the single most important punch in the history of the sport. And guess what, Roy could careless about the d*mn jab. Hmm, the baddest mofo didn't bother with the most important punch, why is that?

Is it because of adversity, or maybe lack thereof. you tell me.
      I am a HUGE advocate of the jab, definitely...but you know what...I have actually spoken to RJ about this very subject once -his lack of using it- and he gave me his reasons for not doing so more and it made sense...and it worked for him until he got to be about 35 or 36 years old...I mean, come on now, his success in the ring cannot be disputed

Comment

• Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
        I am a HUGE advocate of the jab, definitely...but you know what...I have actually spoken to RJ about this very subject once -his lack of using it- and he gave me his reasons for not doing so more and it made sense...and it worked for him until he got to be about 35 or 36 years old...I mean, come on now, his success in the ring cannot be disputed
        Roy says that he prefers leading with a hook moreso than a jab because he can come in from an angle and move away to the side after landing, whereas he believed that the jab forced you to move forward and get left vulnerable to counters.

Comment

• Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
          Roy says that he prefers leading with a hook moreso than a jab because he can come in from an angle and move away to the side after landing, whereas he believed that the jab forced you to move forward and get left vulnerable to counters.
          Well, maybe...that's not what he told me as far as his reason but it could be that, too...

Comment

• Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
            Well, maybe...that's not what he told me as far as his reason but it could be that, too...
            so are you going to share what he told you...

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              He'd have to cut your balls off.

Comment

It was basically telling me what types of fighters he would choose to jab against and what type he would use other strategies against...there was a pattern he followed in terms of who to jab against and who not to

Comment

• gotcha........

Comment

gotcha........
                    ERIE, PA??? You know my man JOHN BIZZARO????

Comment

• The 2 fights that Jones used his jab the most was against McCallum and Ruiz, I expected it more against Calzaghe honestly, and the jab did set up the knockdown punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X