No announcement yet.

Andre ward vs joe Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scholar View Post
    Calzaghe the clear winner. Calzaghe would also easily defeat Kovalev for that matter.
    Where do these opinions come from?

There is zero evidence to suggest that Joe would have beaten Andre and Kovalev clearly and easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
      There are plenty of quotes of Roy not wanting anything to do with prime Calzaghe, go look them up yourself.
      Roy was "The Man"

As great as Joe was, he was a relative nobody outside of Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        The cold hard facts. No man on Earth could withstand 1000 slaps.
        Ha!

You're right.

I've changed my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          I think ward has some power he did break down the lineal champion in Dawson
          Sure, I meant huge power.

Andre and Bernard have respectable power.

Comment

• These people picking Calzaghe aren't using their brains. If 43 year old Bernard Hopkins almost beat him and lost because his work rate was lower, a prime Andre Ward certainly would be able to beat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
              Bika is a better fighter than pavlik tbf
              That's not the point though mate.

In 2008, Kelly was big news.

In 2006, Bika was a nobody.

He said he didn't want Kelly because he'd done nothing to warrant a fight and he didn't excite him.

He also said the same about Tarver and Dawson.

Again, look at some of the guys he fought?

Look at his 16 voluntary defences of his WBO belt.

Also, what he said about Kelly was bizarre. Because in the same interview, he admitted that he'd tried to fight Kelly in 2006 directly after he'd beaten Lacy.

So:

What was he doing trying to fight an unknown NABF, MW champ in 2006?

If Kelly had done nothing to warrant a fight in 2008, what had he done 2 years earlier?

These threads are fun to debate. But what I've typed above tells me that he'd never have fought Andre.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                These people picking Calzaghe aren't using their brains. If 43 year old Bernard Hopkins almost beat him and lost because his work rate was lower, a prime Andre Ward certainly would be able to beat him.
                Most definitely.

Of course Joe could also have won. But anyone who thinks it would have been absolutely easy for him, is completely clueless in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Joe embarrasses him for 12 rounds, leaving Andre Simply Out Gunned
                  Maybe on the PS4, but not in reality.

Comment

• Calzaghe by 8-4 UD. Simply a better fighter.

Comment

• Pretty crazy that Calzaghe was a first ballot Hall of Famer when Ottke and Michalczewski are nowhere near making it in.

Comment

Working...
                      X