Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Can't Find Opponent, Return Pushed To The Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does Cotto have to fight on PPV? Those days are over

Comment

I think a lot of this has to do with Arum getting revenge on Cotto. Every time Roc Nation brought up the name of a decent opponent for Cotto, you'd immediately get a reaction from Arum in the press saying his fighter wanted that match, or that it couldn't be done, since he's so-and-so's promoter. Arum's even going around repeatedly telling Marquez that it makes no sense to fight Cotto and to fight Vargas instead, even though Marquez has told Arum through the press various times that it's only Cotto he's interested in.

It's a lame move, in my opinion. So what? You stopped Cotto from having a fight in June, big whoop. The only victory Arum can claim from this is leaving the time slot and locations open for a Verdejo Puerto Rican day parade fight. That's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Mar.GOD.rito- View Post
        The horse pissin on Cotto... holy shyt.. just noticed that... hahahaha. I'm dying here... vsdlk v./dfbdfbm'adpl
        I considered having the horse crap on wrapidads face but thought I'd be pushing it.

what's up doe man? It feels good to be home

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          Broner will have the hometown advantage, for 5 to 10.
          then kovalev will be ducking broner.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
            Probably couldn't find someone that would bend backwards for Cotto's diva demands
            Hbo has had no problem paying for ggs no hopers though

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              This is on roc nation bunch of amatures can't get him a fight. No doubt in my mind if cotto was signed with any of the big promoters, top rank, golden boy, or AL haymon he would of had a fight locked up by now.
              gftoh with that nonsense; how much money do you honestly think that Team Cotto was asking for to fight Gabriel Rosado (two Puerto Ricans, fighting in Brooklyn, NYC vs Philly, and other caveats would make for a decent enough event)?

Miguel Cotto fought Delvin Rodriguez for $2m (the full slate of televised fights likely ended up costing $2.5m to put on), and Cotto-Geale was on regular HBO, with Dan Rafael stating that Cotto made $15m on the fight (how he came to that number is beyond me).

Ward-Barrera (the full fight card) was put on with the televised fight card splitting up $2.4m; to argue as if putting up $2.5m to finance a Cotto-Rosado fight card is some unfathomable amount of money makes you look silly (especially when HBO could use that invested money to set up a Cotto-Marquez, Mexico vs PR, PPV for the Fall).

Comment

Marquez where are you

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  According to Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach, who handles former four division world champion Miguel Cotto, the Puerto Rican star will not be returning on the planned date of June 18 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

[Click Here To Read More]

Smart decision to have a mini-camp in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
                    then kovalev will be ducking broner.
                    No duck, Alcatraz in the summer.

Comment

Hilarious that Cotto has broken so many hearts

For a guy who supposedly aint that good, he sure has a lot of you upset LMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X