No announcement yet.

Kessler faded badly......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
    "ward completely dominated the guy who is calzaghe's best win. what's there to misunderstand?"

For someone like yourself - quite a lot.

I already stated the reasons.

"underrated resume you say?"

Yes, I do say. He beat, what - 8 or 9 World Champions? Would have been 9 or 10 if Reid and Mitchell weren't robbed in Germany.

His number of title defenses.

"for someone who was champion for over ten years his resume is complete garbage."

Your opinion. Is as legit as anyone elses, but it stops being an opinion when you don't think critically.

Critique everyone else of that era - The Roy Jones', The Hopkin's, etc etc.... and maybe you'd have a point. The thing is though, that you don't have a point, and you never have.

You're a simple entity - whose sole purpose is to try and ridicule all that you don't understand.

You're the epitome of Ignorance.
    it's as legit as anyone elses? well now i guess that depends on who you compare him to. if you compare him to great fighters then no it's not as legit as theirs. if you compare him to b level fighters then yea it's as legit as theirs.

the mere fact that you think roy jones and hopkins even compare to calzaghe says it all. they fought at least twice as many ranked fighters over the course of their careers then calzaghe. oh is that just my opinion? no it's called a fact.

21 title defenses doesn't mean shi-t when most of the guys aren't even ranked in the top 10. most of hopkins defenses were against top 10 guys. most of the guys roy jones fought were in the top 10. so why would i critique them as harshly as the guy fighting absolute cans nonstop?

reid and mitchell were already world champs so how could it be 9 or 10 world champs he beat unless you double counted them.

the large number of bums he fought as title defenses, the shady reffing(early stoppages galore), the controversial judging(reid and hopkins) and the pathetic way he ended his career by avoiding all the prime contenders make his career farcical. now can you say hopkins or jones benefited from those criteria? nope. can you name any great fighters who have careers that look like that? sven ottke is the only guy that comes to mind.

so how am i being ignorant? because lots of people say calzaghe was great i hold him to the same standard that the other greats of his era are held to and he comes up short. thus he's not a great fighter. obviously you cannot dispute any of this information so you will just continue using platitudes about being undefeated or having a billion title defenses.
    Last edited by daggum; 10-16-2010, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X