No announcement yet.

The WBC are a disgrace

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The WBC are a disgrace

I used to think it was the most respectable of all the organisations, but recently between there inconsistent rankings, Silver & Diamond belts and now this stunt, it shows they are no more than a business as opposed to promoting boxing.

Neither Manny nor Margarito deserve a shot at the 154 title.

Margarito has beaten nobody of note at 154, yet somehow holds the number one rankings spot. Manny has not even fought in the division and doesnt even hold the WBC Welterweight Championship either, Berto does. So how in the hell do they get to fight for the belt- according to their website he is not even in the rankings at 154.

I have heard of mandatory defenses but never thought I would see this rubbish. Surely the whole point of ratings systems is for situations such as this, where there is a vacancy, the top 2 ranked fighters in that division should square off if they are not going to allow one of the champions from the other organisations fight for it. What about Saul Alvarez there 'SILVER' Champion? Why doesnt he get a chance. He has at least competed at the weight.

And to top it all off, they are going to fight at a catchweight...BS of the highest.

How can any president of a supposed reputable organisation (Jose Sulaiman) promote this racket.

Its clear they too only care about the money, the sanctioning fees...they do not care about boxing.

Manny will destroy a fighter that should not even be allowed fight, at a catchweight, even though Marg got KO'd by Sugar Shane who got whooped by Floyd.

As said in other threads, catchweights are fine, but not for title belts. When Manny wins it will be his 2nd Catchweight championship. BS imo.

then Floyd s all WBC belts are fake,period!

Comment

I am not attacking the fighters...im labelling the organisation a disgrace.

Obviously Manny is going to take every advantage he can i.e. fighting at 150 as opposed to 154.

Anyone that wins a title at the legitimate weightclass i.e. no catchweights, earns my respect.

Its up to the organisations to prevent this type of abuse happening.

Just like the WBO should not have allowed there to be a weight limit of 145lbs for the Manny-Cotto fight.

Comment

Working...
      X