Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Mayweather even mention Pacquiao's name if he was never going to fight him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
    What this kind of thread tells me is:

Not much positive for Pacquiao fans to post with regards to HIS career right now after getting KTFO.

Mayweather just won again and must be denegrated.

Latching onto Nonito Donaire just done blown up in their faces too.
    What you just showed is prejudice you mentioning Nonito shows you think all Pacquiao fans are filipino and have to latch onto Nonito like a lot of blacks only latch on to black fighters like Floyd, that is wrong.

Get rid of that crap. most of Pacquiao's fans in America are not even Filipino.

So only Filipinos are Pac fans?

I bet you are one of those flowmos who hate Nonito because he happens to be where Pac is from.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      What you just showed is prejudice you mentioning Nonito shows you think all Pacquiao fans are filipino and have to latch onto Nonito like a lot of blacks only latch on to black fighters like Floyd, that is wrong.

Get rid of that crap. most of Pacquiao's fans in America are not even Filipino.

So only Filipinos are Pac fans?

I bet you are one of those flowmos who hate Nonito because he happens to be where Pac is from.
      You assume plenty. What I observed is plenty of people who trumpeted one or the other have done nothing over the last week or so but post negative threads about Mayweather.

Try investing your time in something more positive. I dare you. I know it's tough in recent times but seeking solace in denigrating another fighter because is just sad.

Comment

it was a clash of egos
        Floyd came back because e didn't like the love Pac was getting
        that fight was more to his liking than a Margarito or Cotto fight
        but he found out Pac had clout and he couldn't punk him
        at that point, the fight was dead
        Floyd carried on like he was still interested, but he really wasn't
        all the crap Floyd spewed was just smoke and mirrors

Comment

This thread has nothing to do with who deserves blame, its wondering why Mayweather kept mentioning Pacquiao's name in the media if he had no intention of really fighting him and claimed Pacquiao was riding his coattails?

I believe it was a strategy he used to make people believe Pacman was riding his name when it was actually him riding Pac's name and a lot of people believe it.

Floyd is a master manipulator. Only fools can't see it.
          How do you know he never had any intention of fighting him? A video is not gonna explain that. And to your point about Floyd using his name...they both would drop each others name as if they were serious about fighting each other.

Comment

Originally posted by antrecasner View Post
            How do you know he never had any intention of fighting him? A video is not gonna explain that. And to your point about Floyd using his name...they both would drop each others name as if they were serious about fighting each other.
            No, Pacquiao didn't named dropped, he only talked about Floyd when asked. Floyd would bring Pacquiao up often calling him poochiao, ped user etc. Floyd is what you call a guy who yaps at a tough guy but never actually fights him.

Floyd actually went on Ustream talking crap about Pacquiao, told fight hype about pacquiao, tells interviews and teases about a pacquiao fight, he clearly was the one using Pac's name.

Comment

No, Pacquiao didn't named dropped, he only talked about Floyd when asked. Floyd would bring Pacquiao up often calling him poochiao, ped user etc. Floyd is what you call a guy who yaps at a tough guy but never actually fights him.

Floyd actually went on Ustream talking crap about Pacquiao, told fight hype about pacquiao, tells interviews and teases about a pacquiao fight, he clearly was the one using Pac's name.
              I don't agree with a lot of threads that you create but I have to call a spade a spade on this one, your right, pacman doesnt go to the lenghts of calling out floyd the way floyd does with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                What this kind of thread tells me is:

Not much positive for Pacquiao fans to post with regards to HIS career right now after getting KTFO.
                What this post tells me is:

The typical fan who sees it like he wants. Yeah, Pacquiao got knocked out. Its part of the sport, and he did so by being a man and fighting Marquez for the 4th time. He could have easily avoided the fight. The difference is, Pacquiao actually fights the fights people wants to see. When you push yourself to fight the best year after year eventually someone is going to have your number. And you know what, I respect him much more for it. All the greats have lost at one point or another, all of them. The reason Floyd hasn't is well because he doesn't fight the best fighters and he fights once a year if you're lucky. Since 2007 Pacquiao has fought 13 times, Mayweather 7.

Comment

Originally posted by DD09 View Post
                  What this post tells me is:

The typical fan who sees it like he wants. Yeah, Pacquiao got knocked out. Its part of the sport, and he did so by being a man and fighting Marquez for the 4th time. He could have easily avoided the fight. The difference is, Pacquiao actually fights the fights people wants to see. When you push yourself to fight the best year after year eventually someone is going to have your number. And you know what, I respect him much more for it. All the greats have lost at one point or another, all of them. The reason Floyd hasn't is well because he doesn't fight the best fighters and he fights once a year if you're lucky. Since 2007 Pacquiao has fought 13 times, Mayweather 7.
                  he tried to avoid the 4th fight but cotto didn't agree to another CW so manny had no viable option other than JMM. DID you forget that o do you just not point it out because you like Manny?

Comment

Mayweather is fake champion , he doesn't have heart , he wants easy legacy

Comment

Working...
                    X