No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa’s Team Open To Brandon Rios Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa’s Team Open To Brandon Rios Clash

While never boasting an overwhelming fan base, the most appealing factor to American promotional company Top Rank regarding Yuriorkis Gamboa was his willingness to take on all comers.

[Click Here To Read More]

They better call each other out at that double header.
    As much as I'd like it to happen though, the weight difference will play a huge factor.... so I don't know if it'll go down.

Comment

Well make the f-ckin fight.

What's the hold up, money?

Man if it's going to be like manny/floyd then I don't give ****.

Comment

I like it. Make it happen.
        It will be target practice for Gamboa. But Rios throws some good bombs. You never know.

I imagine it would look similar to Cotto / Margarito (without plaster of course).

One coming forward all night while the other picks him apart,,, but rios got bombs.

Comment

Incredible that this kid, Gamboa, has to take on a guy much bigger than himself just to make some money/get some recognition. I favor Rios in this match-up, but I hope Yuri finally sees his star rise by defeating Brandon.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Incredible that this kid, Gamboa, has to take on a guy much bigger than himself just to make some money/get some recognition. I favor Rios in this match-up, but I hope Yuri finally sees his star rise by defeating Brandon.
            Welcome to earth and boxing.

Comment

I don't like this fight.

Rios was a LW who is now moving up to JWW. Gamboa is a friggin FW who will have to move up like 3-4 weight classes. What the hell??

Gamboa walks into shots and has been rocked and knocked down by FW, imagine what a healthy Brandon Rios will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstien View Post
                Welcome to earth and boxing.
                Actually, it wasn't always this way. There was a time when the big fights would get made much more easily, and worthy fighters would get their due more swiftly. Boxing has changed for the worse, plain and simple. It's my sincere hope that change for the better is somewhere in our future....

Comment

Originally posted by Toney Loc View Post
                  I don't like this fight.

Rios was a LW who is now moving up to JWW. Gamboa is a friggin FW who will have to move up like 3-4 weight classes. What the hell??

Gamboa walks into shots and has been rocked and knocked down by FW, imagine what a healthy Brandon Rios will do.
                  Maybe Brandon destroys him with one good shot...maybe not. Gamboa seems to think he can compete. I'm sure that Yuri sparred with much bigger guys in Cuba. Maybe that's why he's fearless when it comes to Rios. In any event, I'm certain that Yuri has no intention of slugging it out with the bigger man. He'll probably potshot his way through the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Maybe Brandon destroys him with one good shot...maybe not. Gamboa seems to think he can compete. I'm sure that Yuri sparred with much bigger guys in Cuba. Maybe that's why he's fearless when it comes to Rios. In any event, I'm certain that Yuri has no intention of slugging it out with the bigger man. He'll probably potshot his way through the fight.
                    I don't know, man. I like both guys but I don't like them fighting each other when there are good fighters their own size they can fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X