No announcement yet.

(Pic inside) Lost 30+ LBS this summer!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    actually, you'd be surprised how easily weight falls off of a big man. there's a lot to lose.

we usually don't like to admit it, but if you're over 230 lbs for a long period of time you probably eat like a horse, especially if you're active.

small women have the hardest time losing weight, in my opinion.

changing the appearance of your body is something different. the TS was blessed with an athletic physique. there's really no substitute for the gene pool. just dropping lbs if you are overweight won't make you look like that. you'll probably lose weight all over your body, but your proportions won't make the drastic changes that they'll make in an athletic body that's already built/ proportioned that way.
    i said virtually the same thing just less articulately. thanks. lol

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
      Latest progress photo.

phenomenal. absolutely phenomenal.

dedication folks and a little motivation.

look what this brother did in less than half a year.

Comment

Good deal bro. And I just trained (and still do) hard. Play high school and college football so the training part comes pretty easy/natural to me. I've started to lift weights more, but I did alot of jump rope for cardio, running hills, playing basketball, body weight squats, plyos, resistance bands, push ups are my stable, planks, medicine ball throws, HITTING THE HEAVY BAG, etc.
        push ups and a jump rope is all a man needs.

Comment

Keep it up coach.

I just started my P60x Hybrid yesterday.

Plan on dropping to a lean 180lbs.

Comment

Well done, very inspirational.

Starting something similar myself, although mine's more about gaining muscle. Need to shed 10lbs first though. Check the training forum if you're interested in seeing my thread

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
              bear in mind that you're building muscle probably and it definitely weighs more than fat so don't get discouraged.

I am eating 1500 to 2000 cals a day. work out six days per week. body weight exercise and high intensity cardio yet i step on the scale and it says 7 or so pounds heavier than i was. but people are constantly telling me how great my build looks.

go figure.

the point is don't get discouraged because it may not show on the scale but muscle has memory. you're likely burning fat and re introducing muscle.
              Spot on, good post.

phenomenal. absolutely phenomenal.

dedication folks and a little motivation.

look what this brother did in less than half a year.
              Thanks man!

push ups and a jump rope is all a man needs.
              Couldn't agree more with you Tim!

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
              Keep it up coach.

I just started my P60x Hybrid yesterday.

Plan on dropping to a lean 180lbs.
              Thanks Reed! Meant to tell you a while back when you posted your results from your transformation you inspired me, my brother! I want to get down to 200 and just be totally ripped and I'm almost at the weight (206-10 right now, it fluctuates), just want to really get toned (and I've gotten pretty toned already). What weight are you currently at?

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
              Well done, very inspirational.

Starting something similar myself, although mine's more about gaining muscle. Need to shed 10lbs first though. Check the training forum if you're interested in seeing my thread
              Thanks alot and I will check your thread out.

Comment

Thanks Reed! Meant to tell you a while back when you posted your results from your transformation you inspired me, my brother! I want to get down to 200 and just be totally ripped and I'm almost at the weight (206-10 right now, it fluctuates), just want to really get toned (and I've gotten pretty toned already). What weight are you currently at?
                I started P90x the day after the superbowl and ended 90 days later. My start weight was 217, and I ended at 187lbs right aroundthe beginngin of May. I didn't do much since then except enjoy summer.

Yesterday I weighed in at 197.9 (Though Im definitely carrying at least 4-5lbs of food weight) I was 195 today... Ill be 193-194 tomorrow.

It's exactly 60 days from yesterday to the day before thanksgiving, so I made my own hybrid p90x program Im following.. it's day 2. I wanna get to 180lbs, Havent weighed that since I was 21.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  I started P90x the day after the superbowl and ended 90 days later. My start weight was 217, and I ended at 187lbs right aroundthe beginngin of May. I didn't do much since then except enjoy summer.

Yesterday I weighed in at 197.9 (Though Im definitely carrying at least 4-5lbs of food weight) I was 195 today... Ill be 193-194 tomorrow.

It's exactly 60 days from yesterday to the day before thanksgiving, so I made my own hybrid p90x program Im following.. it's day 2. I wanna get to 180lbs, Havent weighed that since I was 21.
                  That's awesome REED. I'm down to my playing weight from college which was about 6-7 years ago (WOW, can't believe that!). Man if I could get to 180 or 185...!!!!

Comment

That's awesome REED. I'm down to my playing weight from college which was about 6-7 years ago (WOW, can't believe that!). Man if I could get to 180 or 185...!!!!
                    Haha yeah... you're 6' + though right? Im 5'9"... Looks like it would be hard for you to get to the 180s...

Comment

Yep you look as if your younger as well .

Comment

Working...
                      X