No announcement yet.

Is Lionel Messi overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
    But that's my problem, People talk about him as one of the greatest players ever but he has never done it on the international stage. That's not taking anything away from him but all of truly great players had excellent international careers. Players like Zidane and Ronaldo had amazing international careers, Messi has not.
    People call George Best and Ryan Giggs "greats"

neither played a World Cup game.

Comment

No he is not overrated, he does not have the same impact for Argentina because he plays centrally, his game is about dribbling, which you need space to utilize, the center of the pitch is the most congested place you can play, its that simple, he is not your stereo typical number 10, like a Diego, he needs to play wide left where he can cut in and be more direct with his attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
        People call George Best and Ryan Giggs "greats"

neither played a World Cup game.
        But they are "greats" in a different kind of way. Two of the best british players we will ever see, I wasnt saying Messi needs to win a world cup to become great. I just think he is abit overrated, but that's not to say he isnt a brilliant player. I consider him to be the best player in the world right now, But I think he has alot of work to do to make that real elite level of Top 5/Top 10 players ever. But he still has plenty of time.

Comment

Messi overrated????

First mistake in this world cup is that maradona pretty much put him in a free position. As soon as he touched the ball he had two on top and a third one as soon as he moved. He needed someone to set up the plays with/for him and maradona didn't provide that. Messi IS a great player and one of the best all time. Time will show that

Comment

He is easily the best player in world.

Easily.

Players fail for their national teams for a number of reasons.

This isn't basketball. There are 22 men on that field.

Comment

Working...
            X