Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what happens when suburban kids get a video camera...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -ROGELIO- View Post
    what the hell is wrong with this? white people getting together and re-making the video. I thought they did a good job and i found it pretty funny. It's a damn joke if you can't see that then i don't know what to tell you.
    You look at it like that beacuse you are white also, unless you are black dont speak on it... They are obviously trying to make fun of the way black people act.

Comment

when obama is the president he won't allow this.

Comment

I feel where the OP is coming from. People in the hood aren't exposed to suburban "white" culture usually outside of the cops, teachers and MTV. So they automatically caterogize it as a white thing, but its not a racial thing at all. I see alot of asians, and even some black people that you would say act white, but are really just embracing their soci-economic background and environment they grew up in; that's why majority of blacks and latinos understand one another, and vice versa with whites and asians. Dudes like Eminem grew up broke and near the street so he acts like a dude from the hood would act. But people like a wayne brady and bryant gumbel grew up in suburbia so they act like ppl from the sburbs act. Definitely a cultural influence more than a racial one.

And that video is well edited, and funny.

"a wardie you seen wayne"

Defin

Comment

Originally posted by baddest View Post
          I feel where the OP is coming from. People in the hood aren't exposed to suburban "white" culture usually outside of the cops, teachers and MTV. So they automatically caterogize it as a white thing, but its not a racial thing at all. I see alot of asians, and even some black people that you would say act white, but are really just embracing their soci-economic background and environment they grew up in; that's why majority of blacks and latinos understand one another, and vice versa with whites and asians. Dudes like Eminem grew up broke and near the street so he acts like a dude from the hood would act. But people like a wayne brady and bryant gumbel grew up in suburbia so they act like ppl from the sburbs act. Definitely a cultural influence more than a racial one.

And that video is well edited, and funny.

"a wardie you seen wayne"

Defin

THANK YOU.

You completely understand what im saying.

its not a black or white thing...

its an economic thing.

Whats worse than that is if you grow up broke and in the projects but better yourself people from where you use to live (not all but the ignorant ones) will criticize you because you "act" different.

Thats one thing i never understood.

I had a friend that i use to live 2 blocks from...same poor part of the city...same violence...etc...

he ended joining the military when he got out of high school (only way he could get money to go to college) and damn near EVERYONE from where i live got on his line because he wasnt being "hood" anymore while majority of the rest were still selling drugs and things like that to make money.

That didnt seem right to me...

He's trying to come up from a tough place. nothing is wrong with that.

but back on point its not racial is economical...

thats why people usually say if your ghetto then you're "acting" black and at the same time if you live or end up making it to a suburban area with nice places to live they will say you're "acting" white.

its just how they label it because thats what the stereo types are.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Italian View Post
            THANK YOU.

You completely understand what im saying.

its not a black or white thing...

its an economic thing.

Whats worse than that is if you grow up broke and in the projects but better yourself people from where you use to live (not all but the ignorant ones) will criticize you because you "act" different.

Thats one thing i never understood.

I had a friend that i use to live 2 blocks from...same poor part of the city...same violence...etc...

he ended joining the military when he got out of high school (only way he could get money to go to college) and damn near EVERYONE from where i live got on his line because he wasnt being "hood" anymore while majority of the rest were still selling drugs and things like that to make money.

That didnt seem right to me...

He's trying to come up from a tough place. nothing is wrong with that.

but back on point its not racial is economical...

thats why people usually say if your ghetto then you're "acting" black and at the same time if you live or end up making it to a suburban area with nice places to live they will say you're "acting" white.

its just how they label it because thats what the stereo types are.

My brother always said:"broke is a financial phase, poor is a state of mind", point blank alot of these people are engrained thinking they have no alternatives, and they won't amount to anything, so they become attached to the cultural despair around them. I still can't understand those people that get pissed at the gentrification of harlem, acting as if they own it, when in reality they just pay rent there. If they really wanted a place of their own, they should scrape together what they have and buy homes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              honestly whats worse?

white people acting like that knowing that it is a joke?

or rappers acting that way thinking it is cool?
              lol.......

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                white people acting like that is WAY worse, cause they know better. they have OPPORTUNITIES, better means to better education, etc etc etc.

if someone is ghetto because of their environment that is more understandable than these white douches acting hard in what looks like little house on the prarie hood.
                Since when is it alright to glorify selling drugs, guns, and hoes because you are poor or in a bad environment?
                Modern day young kids look at that and continue the cycle because they think thats whats cool.

Comment

i now hate my white self

Comment

Originally posted by dadon5 View Post
                    This is why i dont like white people.
                    I dont like black people and mexican people cause they make that ****ing music.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                      honestly whats worse?

white people acting like that knowing that it is a joke?

or rappers acting that way thinking it is cool?
                      straight mutha ****in up

Comment

Working...
                      X