No announcement yet.

Amir Screwed himself over with the new conditioning coach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Screwed himself over with the new conditioning coach

His new conditioning coach has him running inside with a tredmill. He's not doing the leg drills out in the track that Ariza had him do. Khan's legs were his weakness before roach and ariza stepped in. The coach probably has him weight lifting too much having Amir stiffen up which will affect his speed. He kinda gassed out by the 8th round against maidana...this new change screwed Amir over...he shoulda just paid Ariza, cuz his oppourtunity cost is his career!

who is his new conditioning coach?

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
      His new conditioning coach has him running inside with a tredmill. He's not doing the leg drills out in the track that Ariza had him do. Khan's legs were his weakness before roach and ariza stepped in. The coach probably has him weight lifting too much having Amir stiffen up which will affect his speed. He kinda gassed out by the 8th round against maidana...this new change screwed Amir over...he shoulda just paid Ariza, cuz his oppourtunity cost is his career!
      Whether or not what the new trainer is doing will have a positive or negative effect remains to be seen and I will wait until Khan faces Bradley to judge that.

Comment

he still does the exact same stuff he did with ariza.

Comment

You can expect khan's chin to be more suspect now! His legs will not be the same...that was his weakness and they still almost faded against maidana now they will be crap!

Comment

listen to what he says he says he asks a fighter what kinda stuff they have done before and basically try to improve on that.

Comment

Khan is an athelete, he will know what stuff worked for him and what didnt, all those exercises can be found on the internet/youtube, Ariza hasnt made up his own exercises.

Comment

He won't be the same...I'll be damned if I see the same Khan in the ring...Maybe during the first 5 rounds he will be the same but after that he's gonna fade...Maybe not even take punches too good.

Comment

plz ellaborate why?

Comment

Amir also ran on threadmills when he was with Ariza. I´m sure Michael will make him run on the track as well.

Amir is still doing some of the old stuff like strengthening his legs on a sand pit:

Comment

Working...
                    X