Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Berto: Unifying with Zaveck sounds like a good plan.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    To me Floyd is the lineal real champ of the division.
    I agree with you but there are so many people that don't acknowledge the lineal title, or don't know anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Beating Jones does nothing for Bertos future at all.

Like 7 people on this site even know who Mike Jones is.

Unifying the belts could back Berto into a Pac fight or even a Mayweather fight( someway).

Zaveck
      Sanchenko

All thats left is Pac. Or Mayweather if he wants to be Lineal Champ.
      Mike Jones is not ready.

Comment

People need to understand there's not much at WW for Berto at the moment.

Mayweather and Pacquiao ain't gonna fight Berto. They'll either fight themselves or Pacquiao fights Margarito and Mayweather god knows who but it won't be Berto because they have the same managers and it won't be Williams because of the same manager as well.

Mosley looks like he's gonna fight Mora in September and Mosley-Berto was the best fight out there that can happen for Berto now.

Clottey is most likely not gonna get a big fight any time soon.

Then you have free, Zaveck, you have a green Mike Jones and a green Kell Brook. You have Said Ouli who is a good undercard fighter in PPV fights but I don't see him as a good enough opp for Berto.

There's really not much. Berto already said he'd move up to fight Cotto but Arum seems to only want his fighters to fight eachother.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab jr View Post
          People need to understand there's not much at WW for Berto at the moment.

Mayweather and Pacquiao ain't gonna fight Berto. They'll either fight themselves or Pacquiao fights Margarito and Mayweather god knows who but it won't be Berto because they have the same managers and it won't be Williams because of the same manager as well.

Mosley looks like he's gonna fight Mora in September and Mosley-Berto was the best fight out there that can happen for Berto now.

Clottey is most likely not gonna get a big fight any time soon.

Then you have free, Zaveck, you have a green Mike Jones and a green Kell Brook. You have Said Ouli who is a good undercard fighter in PPV fights but I don't see him as a good enough opp for Berto.

There's really not much. Berto already said he'd move up to fight Cotto but Arum seems to only want his fighters to fight eachother.
          Excellent post...........

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
            Michael Jennings held the WBC belt before Cotto destroyed him. Are you willing to say he isn't a tomato can?

And you guys have made some good points about Pacquiao, but then comes Bob Arum. Why throw Pac in there with some fighter he'll KO in the first half and spend money when he can keep it in the house against fighters like Cotto and Margo and get more money? They are also bigger names than Berto. And Pacquiao would probably rather gain an 8th title or fight JMM than unify the WW titles.

As for Mayweather, like I said, he could care less about belts and wouldn't even fight for them, so it would be as if none are on the line. And Berto brings no money to the table, three belts or not.

As for P.Will, he has bigger fish to fry like Dzinziruk, Martinez, etc. and Haymon would have something to say about that fight. Same goes for Cotto. He could do rematches with Mosley, Pac or Margarito, which are much bigger fights than Berto, three titles or not.
            Did he? Are you sure?

Comment

I agree on Mike Jones not being ready. He's greener than my username. He needs to fight a couple of more C or B class fighters and see where he goes from there. Berto would murder him at this point.

Berto has an alright resume with Collazo, Quintana, Urango and Forbes and some alright C class fighters like Rodriguez and Cosme Rivera. Jones only has a pretty much done Bruseles who was relevant years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                I think its too early for Jones to fight Beto.

At the absolute least it could lead to him unifying.

Sanchenko has Shanes old belt.

Berto would wax Zaveck and Sanchenko then he'd hold 3 belts at 147...

Only one left would be Pacs.
                I completely agree with you on this here Burner. This is the best route for Andre to go right now. After he holds 3 of the 4 belts, then the big money should start rolling in. Not the Mega money like May and Pac, but he will command bigger purses as he will have basically snatched most of the belts. I just worry about the sanctioning bodies letting him defend all of the belts, you know how they like to strip fighters for fighting another sanc bodies manditory.

Comment

Yeah, those Euros at 147 suck. That's why Berto wants to fight them. Easy belt collecting tasks. Is Angulo too big for Berto?

Comment

Originally posted by Cutting Corners View Post
                    Why must we let the sanctioning bodies hold our sport hostage?

Instead Berto should pretend that Zaveck and Senchenko don't exist until they at least fight one C level fighter in their careers.
                    I agree but what other fights are out there for him seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                      Mike Jones is not ready.
                      Agreed!!!!!!!!! He is good but not ready for the likes of Berto...............atleast not yet but he could be in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X