No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Clottey's New Focus, Ready To Reignite Career at 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Clottey's New Focus, Ready To Reignite Career at 154

By Mike Coppinger - Former welterweight champion Joshua Clottey has been incognito ever since his uninspiring effort against Manny Pacquiao in March 2010.

Rumors of his prolonged hiatus from the squared-circle ranged from being content with his hefty purse from the “Pacman” bout to not having the desire to train any longer.

For the first time since his loss to Pacquiao, Clottey spoke at length, breaking his silence of over 16 months, stating “I just wasn’t ready to answer questions before.”

Clottey, who was schedule to return in March versus Calvin Green before pulling out with a wrist injury, maintains he simply was taking some time off, waiting for the right fight to come along.

“I can fight at any time,” Clottey exclaimed. “My lawyer has been talking to Top Rank about me getting back in the ring, because you see I’m sick and tired of people calling me asking me, ‘When are you going to fight, when are you not going to fight?’ My fans worry about me, when I’m going to return to the ring… and I’m going to return to the ring.” [Click Here To Read More]

YESSSS!!!!! OMGGG! I can't wait to see Clottey again!! He was fucking brilliant in the Pacquiao fight. He's like a mixture of Sugar Ray Leonard and Mike Tyson!!!!!!!

Comment

Watch out for that pothole.

Comment

Screw it! Clottey vs Canelo. MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW!

Comment

Clottey VS Mosley make it happen now!! BATTLE OF THE PUZZIES

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
            Nice idea bro

Comment

Lets welcome Clottey to the greatest division in BOXING! LMAO!

Comment

Well, I for one, look forward to his reason. Apart from the Pac fight, he's always given hard, good fights to everyone and been a top fighter. I like his style and he's given some great wars against Cotto, Margarito, Corrales, etc.

One fight, in his case, has so far defined him and unfortunately so given the fight. However, one fight should never define a fighter who has given his whole life and many, many fights to it.

He tried to make 147 for too long in my opinion and a move to 154 might be just the ticket. There are some great fights out there at 154 which are all winnable for him. Canelo, Cotto II, Marg II, Martirosyan, Chavez Jr etc etc. All of these fights would be great and unlike the Pac fight at all, which is still a major aberration compared to all his others fights.

Can't wait to see who he gets back in with first and I hope to see him in a big fight soon.

Comment

Clottey cotto beat you stop it you got dropped by a jab in the first round stood in the corner for a whole round covering up which is a two point round for cotto you lost thats it you bring no money to the table the biggest fight you can get is against cintron or pwill

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
                    What makes Clottey deserving of a shot at THE SUPER WELTERWEIGHT WBC CHAMPION OF THE WORLD SAUL CANELO ALVAREZ? He's been irrelevant for a while now.

On second thought, I guess that makes him a perfect opponent for Canelo...

Comment

Working...
                    X