No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrooklynRules View Post
    Larry Merchant comments in the first few rounds of Mayweather-Cotto that Money is tired of being called "Miss Mayweather and wants (in this fight) to show he's hits Mayweather".

If he tries to do with Canelo what he did with Cotto we may be in for a surprise.

Emanual Stward also echoed a similar sentiment, so you in the latex mask, get an education in boxing
    He won't, he re-hired his Dad for a reason: "I got hit too much against Cotto".

In saying that, if Canelo catches Mayweather with the same punches Guerrero caught him with, Canelo will win.

Comment

• Canelo needs to Double left hook, downstairs, upstairs, then reverse.

Faint the left hook then right straight (double) downstairs then upstairs. Get close and Swarm him on the ropes even if you're not hurting Floyd you are to piling up points, Dont let Floyd slip and slide out of the ropes.

If Canelo work on his speed, he has a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

In saying that, if Canelo catches Mayweather with the same punches Guerrero caught him with, Canelo will win.
        You're making it seem like Canelo is one of those one punch KO artists. He has heavy hands and a big puncher, but even his stoppage against Gomez and Lopez were bull**** stoppage. Canelo will definitely hurt Floyd in the fight, but i don't see him knocking Floyd out. If it goes the distance, Floyd will win.
        Last edited by Carpe Diem; 08-12-2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

Guerrero landed from a Southpaw angle with most straight lefts so Canelo won't be landing those.

Comment

• What I'm worried about is Canelo potentially overthinking things and becoming punch shy... seems like he talks a lot about being smart... well that's all good but you gotta let your hands go.

Comment

• Canelo will fight his fight regardless I don't see him being punch shy; his problem will he be in range enough to get off good shots

Comment

• Hopefully Canelo works his jab on the way in, a hard, quick jab is effective against Floyd. He will time it eventually and counter you, Canelo needs to be ready to throw combinations. Also, give his all to attacking the body, guys always neglect to do this to Floyd and headhunt him. Canelo will have to show things we've never seen from him before, but he can win. Maybe 15% in my eyes anyway.

Comment

• saul canelo ftw

Comment

• If Alvarez shows he can slip Mayweather's punches, this will be a great great match. I hope he knows Trout's pitter pat punches weren't much compared to Mayweather's right hand.

On the other hand, I won't be surprised to see Mayweather work his excellent jab to the body for the first half of the fight.

Comment

• Superior speed and an excellent timing, that's all what Canelo needs to beat Mayweather Canelo already has the speed. Now if he wants to beat Mayweather he willk have to play chessgame. And he's got to prepare himself very well because Floyd is very good at chess. Letting your punches go against floyd is unefficient. Against him you must find the right times to throw the right shots and combos.

Comment

Working...
                      X