No announcement yet.

Tony Ferguson Vs Khabib Nurmagomedov Super-Fight in the Making

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome fight.

Have a feeling Ferguson could win this . imo more well rounded, but if Khabib gets him down, he's an animal on the ground.

Ferguson is huge though - he comes down from 200lbs to make 155.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      Conor moving up to fight Woodley is just as dangerous, if not then more dangerous than fighting Khabib. Woodley could potentially spark Conor out and we all know how sudden knockouts can affect careers. Just look at Liddell. Got kayo'd then kept getting kayo'd. GSP as well, turned him into the safest, safety-first fighter in UFC history. It took Lawler years to recover from Diaz and it ruined Ben Henderson.

Now if Khabib or even if Tony wins. (although I dislike Tony). If Conor chooses to fight any of the Diaz bros or anything other than Khabib, Tony, or Aldo. Then there is no excuse.

If anyone knows me is that I may gas up fighters in the sub forum. But a duck is a duck to me. I don't play that sh.t
      He should definitely fight the winner of Khabib and Ferguson. Not Woodley. And also Woodley is fighting Wonderboy next anyway. Conor should leave 170 alone.-

Forget Aldo, he's nobody at 155 and conor knocked him out in the length of an instagram video ffs.

Khabib/Ferguson winner vs Conor is the only fight to make, unless it's nick or nate.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Tony is the man, but I don't love his chances vs Khabib. Thats assuming Khabib is as good as he looked last time out & assuming he don't get injured & this fight doesn't happen til Oct. 2018 or something crazy like that.
        Ferguson is considerably better on the feet than Khabib imo.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Ferguson is considerably better on the feet than Khabib imo.
          Agreed. The thing is Khabib is exceptional on the ground not just considerably better & Khabib is pretty f#cking good at getting the fight on the ground.

And I'm not saying a Ferguson win is impossible, merely that I'm not favoring him which I don't think is a shocking statement at all if Khabib is healthy & as motivated as he's appeared lately.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Conor moving up to fight Woodley is just as dangerous, if not then more dangerous than fighting Khabib. Woodley could potentially spark Conor out
            There are definitely dangers with both those fights. I just think Conor isn't a great guy on the ground & Khabib is great on the ground & that fight is over once it hits the ground as I believe it will. With Woodley I think I like Conor's chances better as Woodley has often showed a bad fight IQ which I believe Conor would take advantage of. Plus I think that fight is almost guaranteed to be a standup fight which better plays into Conor's strengths.

Now if Khabib or even if Tony wins. (although I dislike Tony). If Conor chooses to fight any of the Diaz bros or anything other than Khabib, Tony, or Aldo. Then there is no excuse.

If anyone knows me is that I may gas up fighters in the sub forum. But a duck is a duck to me. I don't play that sh.t
            Well thats assuming the fight even happens on time. Lets not forget this fight was scheduled for 2015, 2016 & now 2017. It wouldn't shock me one bit if either Khabib or Tony get injured & this fight gets pushed back further. Plus lets not forget that this fight is still about 6 weeks or so away. Conor could potentially have a Diaz or other Diaz fight booked for May, June or July before Woodley vs Thompson or Khabib vs Tony even fight so idk if you can just say duck so easily if the more threatening fights for Conor don't happen til late 2017 or 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Agreed. The thing is Khabib is exceptional on the ground not just considerably better & Khabib is pretty f#cking good at getting the fight on the ground.

And I'm not saying a Ferguson win is impossible, merely that I'm not favoring him which I don't think is a shocking statement at all if Khabib is healthy & as motivated as he's appeared lately.
              I guess Khabib deserves to be favourite. I think Ferguson could win though, he's tough as fuk. Khabib is an absolute animal on the ground though, one of the best I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Brocklee View Post
                The winner of The Ultimate Fighter 13 and currently #2 ranked fighter in the lightweight division, Tony Ferguson (22-3) has been offered $200,000 by the #1 ranked fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov (24-0) to fight him .
                You mean THE UFC offered number 2 ranked Ferguson 200k to fight Khabib.

Khabib is prolly making double that.

He was about to leave the UFC, but the new contract he signed guaranteed him a lot bigger purses.
                Last edited by Cheek busting; 01-18-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Ferguson is a straight animal - in his own words, he's a California Grizzly.

Lol he said "I don't care how many steaks his parents had to give the bears so he could play with them, he ain't never wrestled a California Grizzly."

Ferguson is at the prime of his career right now, and this is a 50/50 fight IMO.

Comment

You know the difference

Last edited by g27region; 01-25-2017, 02:55 AM.

Comment

This is not going to be a super fight. I think that it will be pretty entertaining but in the end, I think Khabib will win the decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X