No announcement yet.

GGG is champion in the weakest MW division in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
    Ok wait, how many of you here "have worked in the industry"? It's no wonder boxing has the issues it does...
    LOTS of people in the industry read this board . . .

Bottom line, golovkin has no bargaining chips, he's fought nobodies, he's beaten nobodies, thus he has NO ONE on his resume to boast about except a guy that had to move up 2 TWO weight divisions, AFTER he declined a 157 catchweight. Yet, in his OWN words, he said that was his biggest test...sooooo what?
    GGG has an HBO contract. GGG can sell out major arenas as the A side. GGG can headline a PPV against an unknown opponent and sell the same amount as ward vs kovalev.

i'm not saying GGG is anywhere near the star canelo is, BUT, how many guys are as big as GGG right now? very few. thousands and thousands of fighters in the world and a very small handful can draw what GGG can draw in the US. so to say he has no bargaining chips is ridiculous. he's the only fighter with the three most important belts in his division in the entire sport. he's one of very very few that can generate millions in one night.

Comment

Why am I a troll? I tell you the truth about this hype job, you don't like it and suddenly I'm a troll? You're an imbecile, who doesn't apparently know **** about this sport...gtfo newb.

Wtf has golovkin done to even prove his worth? I realize that you're a GayLoveKin fan, but you must be new to this sport because that 150k number? Lol well if that's what you want to believe. I'll just encourage you to look a little more deep into that.
      So I've never really cared about it but after looking it up it seems that only one person is reporting the 97k number (Rick Glasser), everyone else is reporting 150k.

Why do you feel the need to call him GayLoveKin? Some of you sound like you're still in middle school.

Comment

• Originally posted by original zero View Post
        LOTS of people in the industry read this board . . .

GGG has an HBO contract. GGG can sell out major arenas as the A side. GGG can headline a PPV against an unknown opponent and sell the same amount as ward vs kovalev.

i'm not saying GGG is anywhere near the star canelo is, BUT, how many guys are as big as GGG right now? very few. thousands and thousands of fighters in the world and a very small handful can draw what GGG can draw in the US. so to say he has no bargaining chips is ridiculous. he's the only fighter with the three most important belts in his division in the entire sport. he's one of very very few that can generate millions in one night.
        He can keep his belts then...because he's on the slide now and will be lucky to beat Canelo at this stage. Again, canelo doesn't need him, he can do just fine without him. If he fight Chavez, how much do you think he'll make? 30 mil? What's GayLoveKin gonna make? 2 or 3 fighting Jacobs? IF he wins that fight...then what's he gonna do? Best case scenario is that he beats Jacobs, and is able to get the last belt from Saunders, great...so 2 or 3 mil there...then what? He's gonna have to move up and fight Degale (if he beats jack) in england, because he won't draw **** here...so maybe total in that fight he makes 10 mil with ppv. I don't think by that time he'll beat Degale or jack.

This is why he needs canelo...not the other way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
          This guy has the worst resume in MW championship history in arguably the weakest MW division in history

He won't make ATG status or HOF status, his greatest win will be forever Daniel geale or Jacobs if he wins

97k PPV buys? The regular youtuber who has a decent YouTube channel gets more views than that per vid

stfu...............

Comment

You don't think so? So I'm guessing you think MW is loaded then?
            I'm not the dummy claiming that HW is loaded, that's all you bud.

If you're gonna criticize MW for being weak, at least pick WW to compare it to - not HW you dunce.

Say HW is loaded again though, I haven't laughed that hard in days.

Comment

• 160 has two fighters in the p4p list. Canelo and ggg. Also has big prospects coming up and elite level talent like jacobs. Start trolling better.

Comment

Working...
              X