Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 50 Cent: Ellerbe a Bum, Floyd Jr. a Punk - Fight Gamboa!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
    only a 90's baby would think Pac is overrated....Pac didn't spit your everyday methapors or bounce a dictionary off on the beat...he spoke from the heart and those who could relate KNEW he was a hip hop jewel....his influence on a generation of young men has never been matched by any bars spitter to this day....his songs were not for the ears of fans who like listening to word play or crazy metaphors....his music was REAL....he touched issues and topics that dudes today woouldn't dear approach or comment on....Pac rapped about honoring his single parent mother, Em rapped about killing his single parent mom....Pac spit bars at Biggie, Jay-Z, Nas, De La Soul, Chino XL, Mobb Deep, Diddy, and he even asked Ice Cube and his crew why they wasn't making dudes bow down BEFORE he got outta jail and start throwing up the "W"....Em spit bars at Brittney Spears and the other Mickey Mouse crew members and he even spit bars at Mariah Carey...smh

Pac was more than just a rapper....he's in a class of his own imo
    Ah man you can't even argue with these clowns. If they don't know they don't know

Comment

• Originally posted by sense View Post
      LOL!!!!! I swear some of ya'll are so gullible!!!! Ya'll do Know 50 has a album coming out next week right!?!?!? SMH!!!
      Good post.
      Lmmfao. The album was going to tank, but dissing Floyd will um, um, um...

Comment

• Fake.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
          Ah man you can't even argue with these clowns. If they don't know they don't know
          exactly! If they dont know Floyd is boxing and EVERYONE wants to talk about him then they should just follow your post history. I mean geezzzz! Right!

Comment

only a 90's baby would think Pac is overrated....Pac didn't spit your everyday methapors or bounce a dictionary off on the beat...he spoke from the heart and those who could relate KNEW he was a hip hop jewel....his influence on a generation of young men has never been matched by any bars spitter to this day....his songs were not for the ears of fans who like listening to word play or crazy metaphors....his music was REAL....he touched issues and topics that dudes today woouldn't dear approach or comment on....Pac rapped about honoring his single parent mother, Em rapped about killing his single parent mom....Pac spit bars at Biggie, Jay-Z, Nas, De La Soul, Chino XL, Mobb Deep, Diddy, and he even asked Ice Cube and his crew why they wasn't making dudes bow down BEFORE he got outta jail and start throwing up the "W"....Em spit bars at Brittney Spears and the other Mickey Mouse crew members and he even spit bars at Mariah Carey...smh

Lyric for lyric, Em and Nas would out spit Pac. That said, Pac is still in the Top 5 no matter what. He was amazing.

To be fair, Em didn't just rap about that stuff and doesn't just rap about that stuff, he spit about a lot of real stuff as well man. The Way I Am, Cleaning Out My Closet, Sing For the Moment, Hailie's Song, White America, Like Toy Soldiers, Yellow Brick Road, Mosh, Mockingbird, When I'm Gone, Beautiful, Going Through Changes, etc.

Also, as original as Pac was, Em was every bit as original as Pac was, if not more so. Who would write a song about their biggest fan going crazy and kid napping his girlfriend, driving drunk to kill his girlfriend and himself, while Em is reading his letters and remembers he's the guy he heard about on the news a few weeks ago.

But I mean you really can't go wrong with any of them. The one Pac couldn't do is spit complex rhymes and what not, but that's not what he was going for. As far as Em or Nas, I feel like there's nothing they can't do. They spit complex rhymes and are very real in their lyrics, and their lyricsm and the way they flow so effortlessly at times, I never saw Pac do that. I'm an early 80's baby by the way.

Though 2Pac and Kendrick are not alike in their styles, there's one similarity in my book. They may not be the "greatest rappers" bar for bar or lyric for lyric, and the way they spit and flow. But they make amazing songs and have amazing lyrical content.

Comment

This post is a great run down on pac however for relevant times, Em did the exact same thing. It was just towards a different culture of people. Em came from the heart and yeah he didn't respect his mom, girlfriend or whatever you may call it but the man had some serious heart in his first couple of albums.

Lyrically, and when I say lyrically I don't know anyone that could take him word for word in a battle. You may find cracking on the Mickey mouse crew weak, but in show business he attacked everyone relevant at that time and attached it to what he was talking about or what issues that were going on that he disagreed with...

Both are legends in their time. People of today don't appreciate Pac as people of the past don't appreciate Em. It's just different times. Kind of like if your parents hate the music or movies that come out now and always reference, back in my day etc etc...

I agree, music today is not like the music I grew up too and I listen to everything. I can hit up my player and African Bambattaa and the Soul Sonic Force, Newsclues or Freestyle could drop, following up with a Frank Senatra song, then maybe Poison or Motley Crew (classic rock) ect.. I listen to it all man (not really a country fan though).

Anyway Pac was a beat just like Ali was a beast in the ring of his ATG run but there are people today that would say a Klit would destroy him. That is the difference of yesterday and today's culture. However both dominated in their respected time. Both made huge impacts. I believe Em did but just a different culture of people than Pac did.

Just my 2 cents, I respect both to the fulliest. That goes for Biggie too.

Comment

Best post on hip-hop I've ever seen in this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  the new slaughterhouse album was actually very good to anyone who listened. the thing is ppl dont. either way i dunno why ur going back n forth with that guy, his idea of rap and your idea of rap are totally different. ur more on my purview on the topic. hes a teeny bopper type.
                  You talking about me? how am I that? that slaughterhouse album was some of the softest **** i ever heard in my life. That she was teeny bopper type music. Most Slaughterhouse fans were disappointed with that album, can those guys spit yes but can they actually make great music, no. Hate him or love him but Jay is he best rapper of all time. He’s done everything. People like you need to understand lyrics aren’t everything. Eminem spits the same (these days) on every track, prime em was great but every album he has ever made is inconsistent. You never hear anyone have any of his albums in the top 5 best albums. Reasonable doubt, illmatic blueprint those usually are. God forgives i don’t literally ****s on welcome to our house, lyrics aren’t everything songs like amsterdam, ashamed 16 aint enough are great all around tracks, real rap, that emo slaughterhouse **** makes me want to cut my wrist

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                    None of the guys you mentioned were better lyricists to me. Pac was the most complete artist, very, very versatile. He could do it all. More than half the artists on your list are VERY one-dimensional. Meaning they only skilled at doing a specific style of song.

The one guy on your list that could be argued as better is NaS. He's the only one in that entire list that had the same versatility as Pac. He could do it all, and do it all with success like Pac. That's the only argument I can't really argue with even though I think Pac is still above NaS. But I can totally understand anyone putting NaS above.
                    Ummm how doesn’t Jay count on that list? Jay has one style? Jay isn’t complete? Jay doesn’t have classic albums? Jay hasn’t done everything possible in rap with major success? Crazy how slept on he is by people who consider themselves rap purists.

Comment

• Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
                      Come on man. Each to their own but Pac is way overrated due to him being dead. I don't think Pac was that versatile tbh, he never dropped anything that lyrically impressive to me. But even if he was versatile so what, I prefer a master than a jack of all trades myself. Also, how can it not be argued that Rakim is better than Tupac? I think its the other way round myself. BTW you mention Tupac's versatility, but can you imagine him dropping the fire that big l did - I don't think so.
                      i Agree about Pac very overrated.

Comment

Working...
                      X