No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: The Best On The Mic!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
    He was most on point when he said Floyd is ducking Manny.
    what part of the fight did he mention that?

Comment

Originally posted by rawr View Post
      what part of the fight did he mention that?
      He did not mention it during the fight but he has mentioned it in interview. I am just agreeing that Roy is on point in analyzing boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
        Considering Roy was once accused and investigated for being on some stuff his opinion is not surprisingly defensive.
        Exactly. Which is why Holyfield has done interviews saying the same things as well.

Comment

Roy Jones is the man on the mic. Usually, when top sportsmen become analysts they are boring and state the complete obvious, sounding wooden and inarticulate. Jones didn't put a foot wrong all night analytically and he always had something interesting to say.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
            Exactly. Which is why Holyfield has done interviews saying the same things as well.
            Basically drug users hate any test they can't beat

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
              What about other fighters Duran, Hagler, I think Hearns and SRL were also suggesting floyd afraid to lose his 0 etc. they have suggested the same thing are they being defensive as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
                What about other fighters Duran, Hagler, I think Hearns and SRL were also suggesting floyd afraid to lose his 0 etc. they have suggested the same thing are they being defensive as well?
                Mayweather's competing with those guys. Don't think for a moment that those guys don't want Mayweather to fail. Mayweather's extremely vocal about how he believes he's better than Leonard, Ali, Robinson, all of them... they'd love for him to lose.

I'm pretty sure Hank Aaron didn't want his HR record to be broken especially by guys with speculation swarming around them.

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
                  Basically drug users hate any test they can't beat
                  Pretty much. What a coincidence, James Toney thinks Mayweather's afraid to fight Pacquiao as well.

Comment

Originally posted by vErDuGo View Post
                    GL: Are you aware of the ongoing crisis surrounding the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight? "Most definitely."

GL: Do you have an opinion on it?

RJ: "You could see Pacquiao's side, why should he change for Floyd? A fight don't start in the ring, it starts when the negotiation starts. If these are the rules, we're going to stick by the standard rules. On the other hand, I understand he's saying something been going on, but the problem with that is, if you're going to check him why didn't you check Marquez? Why didn't you make anybody else do it? It's kind of strange to call him out on this and nobody else."

GL: Do you see anything in Pacquiao that would lead you to feel suspicious?

RJ: "No. The kid is strong, he came up in weight and brought his stregth. Nowadays the testing is good enough, they got it to where you can't even take over the counter products. I can testify to that. The testing is very good right now and there's nothing he could really do that they can't find. Why make Pacquiao take the test and not anybody else?"

Roy Jones knows his ****.
                    a cheater defending a cheater. go figure

Comment

I thought Roy did a great job providing insight from a boxer's perspective last night

Comment

Working...
                      X