Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you religious or spiritual? Do you believe in a God of some kind?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Its hard to live this life without the psychology contained in religious books. Often they require faith in a God to work. When they do work people incorrectly think it was God. But, its the belief in fiction that facilitates the technique to work.

Often they are cues for mindfulness.
    It's hard to live life without believing in anything, thinking you're completely alone and that there is no meaning to your existence.

We know so little about life that we can't say anything with certainty. Not a single one of us knows how we came to be, so if not one of us can explain how we got here, how can anyone claim to know with certainty why we are here?

It takes a person of great intellect to catch glimpses of a higher order or higher workings in play beyond the 3 dimensional universe we perceive with our 5 senses and the 4 dimensional universe we can perceive with our minds. Our version of reality is limited by our senses but what about organisms who can sense electromagnetic waves and ultraviolet light like certain birds fish and insects. Their version of reality would be completely different than ours, and what about micro-organisms and deep sea dwelling creatures who survive without light. For example a human being can say that the sky is blue but what about an insect who can see infrared rays? The sky would not be blue to them because they have different senses, so what color is the sky actually?

Only a fool thinks he has figured life out. Only a fool thinks in certainties. It is the very wisest and the very gifted who knows there are no certainties because they have a sense of the infinite magnitude of existence.

For all we know we could be no more than bacteria relative to much higher and much more evolved beings. The same way micro-organisms have no perception of our existence.

So GTFO with your narrow minded psuedo-intellectual garbage you shlt brained beta cuck.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 01-09-2017, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RenegÄde View Post
      It's hard to live life without believing in anything, thinking you're completely alone and that there is no meaning to your existence.

We know so little about life that we can't say anything with certainty. Not a single one of us knows how we came to be, so if not one of us can explain how we got here, how can anyone claim to know with certainty why we are here?

It takes a person of great intellect to catch glimpses of a higher order or higher workings in play beyond the 3 dimensional universe we perceive with our 5 senses and the 4 dimensional universe we can perceive with our minds. Our version of reality is limited by our senses but what about organisms who can sense electromagnetic waves and ultraviolet light like certain birds fish and insects. Their version of reality would be completely different than ours, and what about micro-organisms and deep sea dwelling creatures who survive without light. For example a human being can say that the sky is blue but what about an insect who can see infrared rays? The sky would not be blue to them because they have different senses, so what color is the sky actually?

Only a fool thinks he has figured life out. Only a fool thinks in certainties. It is the very wisest and the very gifted who knows there are no certainties because they have a sense of the infinite magnitude of existence.

For all we know we could be no more than bacteria relative to much higher and much more evolved beings. The same way micro-organisms have no perception of our existence.

So GTFO with your narrow minded psuedo-intellectual garbage you shlt brained beta cuck.
      You are such a dunce, nice try but you failed to impress me.

The difference is we can detect ultra violet light with technology etc but no one detected God ever.

Comment

I am the beast I worship.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
          Although I'm an Engineer (which means i don't believe in anything that has no scientific explanation), I wasn't really convinced by the big bang theory or whatever theories that r out there right now regarding the creation of the universe and life, so until science gives me a reasonable scientific explanation i'll still believe that some higher power created all that but I'll never believe in religion because religion couldn't have come from a higher, closer to perfect diety than ourselves and still be this flawed and incomplete.

If religion really came from god he would've made sure we all got the same message and that all aspects of life are included in that message. All religions are massively flawed that's y i don't believe in any of them, I just believe in being a good human being and if god is really testing us then he'd understand y I don't believe in any religion and that I did the best I could without following that man-made nonsense they call religion.
          The big bang theory is the best explanation for what we can observe in the universe. Its not really a case of 'believing' in scientific theories. Its not a faith. You just examine the evidence and try to find the best theory to explain it.

Id say that any alternative explanation for the start of the universe has a lot more holes in it than the big bang theory does.

These videos by PBS are great...

Just pop culture enough for dumb ass jocks like us to understand, but with enough science to make it interesting

Comment

I dont believe in any god and i am not agnostic.

Comment

I'm Christian, but now more of an unaffiliated type. I was raised and baptized a Baptist, for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                The big bang theory is the best explanation for what we can observe in the universe. Its not really a case of 'believing' in scientific theories. Its not a faith. You just examine the evidence and try to find the best theory to explain it.

Id say that any alternative explanation for the start of the universe has a lot more holes in it than the big bang theory does.

These videos by PBS are great...

Just pop culture enough for dumb ass jocks like us to understand, but with enough science to make it interesting
                This small skull Cuban negro is correct, the big bang is just an extrapolation of what we can detect which is that the universe is expanding.

All we really know (supposedly) is that the universe is expanding, and certain predictabilities of some of the forces in the universe, the rest is theory.
                Last edited by AlexKid; 01-09-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
                  Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, I thank him everyday for spilling his blood for the sins of all, not just mine. I ask him for wisdom everyday that I can and little by little, I know I'm getting better at decision-making. He has blessed me with so many things that I cannot count them. I know he helps me help others, and it pains me that so many people kill each other on the streets like life means nothing. I try to be an example and give the best advice that I can.

I encourage any of you who don't believe, to pray to him and ask him to lead your way, to show you how to do his will and that you may get to know God, he will answer, you'll see
                  You're welcome, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus_Christ View Post
                    You're welcome, man.

Comment

Working...
                    X