Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko's Future in a PBC Dominated Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really much options at 126, I've been expressing that he should just move up to 130 since that division is clear from Haymon right now. He'll actually be able to unify plus a lot of names there: Uchiyama, Miura/Vargas, Walters, Salido.

It was an idiotic decision for him to sign with TR for five years, but even as a big fan of Loma you really can't feel bad as he and his dumb manager put themselves in that position. Now he's stuck fighting bums twice a year. TR is only dependent on HBO, they can't even seem find other ways to keep their fighters active without HBO. He's not the only one, guys like Crawford will also have a difficult time. Crawford had a bad year, not as bad as Loma, but still nothing spectacular.
    I hate how they blame PBC, when PBC is only doing what's right for their company to grow, can't say the same for the other companies. Instead of trying to work together they prefer to bad mouth others and burn bridges. Having said that, I don't know what's going on behind scenes, maybe there is something that we don't know that is making these other companies do what they do. Maybe it's just how business works, but it does seem like a pretty **** way to handle things.

Anybody but Koa**** would've been better. Vetyeka? Grado?
    It's funny that Rigo fans talk **** though, they're always the ones opening their mouths. Rigo had an opportunity to face Loma, but refused. So Rigo fans shouldn't be talking, since they're boy didn't take a fight that was going to be "easy".

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Tbh Loma could use a couple years of fighting random mfers to gain some experience with how quickly he got a title so I think they'll probably just do that. Then when he's more ready for a top 3 elite level guy or fellow title holder he'll be more prepared. Maybe at some point PBC & TR can do business, but I tend to doubt it with the current situation.
      He could do that, but he would have to stay active. It's not acceptable to fight only twice a year against crap opposition. How about two difficult fights and two easy fights right now that he's starting off.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post

It was an idiotic decision for him to sign with TR

Other talent Gvozdyk made that mistake too.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
          Not really much options at 126, I've been expressing that he should just move up to 130 since that division is clear from Haymon right now. He'll actually be able to unify plus a lot of names there: Uchiyama, Miura/Vargas, Walters, Salido.

It was an idiotic decision for him to sign with TR for five years, but even as a big fan of Loma you really can't feel bad as he and his dumb manager put themselves in that position. Now he's stuck fighting bums twice a year. TR is only dependent on HBO, they can't even seem find other ways to keep their fighters active without HBO. He's not the only one, guys like Crawford will also have a difficult time. Crawford had a bad year, not as bad as Loma, but still nothing spectacular.
          I hate how they blame PBC, when PBC is only doing what's right for their company to grow, can't say the same for the other companies. Instead of trying to work together they prefer to bad mouth others and burn bridges. Having said that, I don't know what's going on behind scenes, maybe there is something that we don't know that is making these other companies do what they do. Maybe it's just how business works, but it does seem like a pretty **** way to handle things.

Anybody but Koa**** would've been better. Vetyeka? Grado?
          It's funny that Rigo fans talk **** though, they're always the ones opening their mouths. Rigo had an opportunity to face Loma, but refused. So Rigo fans shouldn't be talking, since they're boy didn't take a fight that was going to be "easy".
          These are all good points. Rigondeaux is a whole different issue in itself but what really hurt Loma this year was Walters missing weight. That unification seemed like a done deal and would have been one of the biggest fights of 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by RaTaTa View Post
            Klimas is probably making them sign with TR, imo K2 is a good promotion for Euro and Central Asian fighters. Say what you want to say about GGG, but K2 has marketed him well. They had him fighting 3 to 4 times a year against top 10/15 opposition and now he'll headline his own PPV. PBC would be an awesome promotion for anyone, you get as many guaranteed fights as you want a year. TR won't change until Arum is gone, even then Idk if it'll change. It's a company that didn't adapt or I should say isn't adapting anymore.
            Gvozdyk is a great fighter, but he won't get a shot.

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
            These are all good points. Rigondeaux is a whole different issue in itself but what really hurt Loma this year was Walters missing weight. That unification seemed like a done deal and would have been one of the biggest fights of 2015.
            Yeah, that's true.
            This is what should happen: Loma should move up and since he is the WBO champion he can get a WBO title shot at 130 right away. That'll leave the WBO Featherweight title vacant so Oscar Valdez can fight for it. That'll solve some issues, Loma moves up to a division that has more opponents for him and some big fights, especially against Walters, Uchiyama and the winner of Miura/Vargas. It'll also give Loma a future opponent in Valdez. Let Valdez win the vacant belt and defend a few times.
            These idiots at TR can't think of anything? I came up with this plan a few days ago in a matter of minutes. LOL, but I don't know what's going on behind scenes, so I shouldn't be talking. Only they know why they are where they are at.

They seriously couldn't get anyone better than Koa****. Why not Gradovich, so Vasyl can practice on a volume fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
              Walters 130 (but still a distant possibility)

Vetyeka is with Haymon.

Gradovich and Velez are likely though.
              How about Marriaga? He gave Walters a good fight? Oscar Valdez is probably a year or 18 months away.

Comment

Originally posted by RaTaTa View Post
                I heard his minimums are $1 mil per fight

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  I don't think it matters who is in his division, Arum seems to want him fighting bums.
                  The guy fought salido in the second fight of his career, I don't think protecting him has anything to do with it.

I just think they want to build him up a bit and let some opponents develop there name.

Loma has a bright future on HBO, no reason to rush anything. And he's not ready for Walters.

Comment

Its called he will just move up to 130 135 140 you big Richard abril fan

Comment

Working...
                    X