Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five years ago today Pacquiao destroyed Cotto. Could he do it again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five years ago today Pacquiao destroyed Cotto. Could he do it again?

If they were both to fight today, how do you see the fight going?

Originally posted by MBE View Post
    If they were both to fight today, how do you see the fight going?
    The outcome depends largely on the agreed upon weight.

In the first fight, I do believe the weight cut for Cotto had an impact but ultimately, he didn't fight smart and didn't respect Pac's abilities. Cotto tried to fight Pac who was twice as fast & twice as mobile, like these realities didn't exist, and Pac torched him for being stupid.

Comment

Manny was on those special Ariza shakes. Not now though, so Cotto by decision.

Comment

We will never see a performance from him like that again. He's regressed a lot, but I still see him taking a close points decision.

Comment

Pac by decision. Cotto wouldn't be stupid enough to try bullying Manny a second time.

Comment

First fight had lots of intangibles:

Cotto coming from the Margarito "wraps" fiasco, having trained himself and with his mitt holder as corner with no game plan along with the CW all combined with a MONSTER Pac (which IMO was the best Pac ever) all let to the beat down.

Now, I can see a completely different fight leaning 50/50 on a decision but I would not hesitate that Cotto could put Pac to sleep now.

Comment

Pac by wide UD.

Cotto has regressed just as much, peaked at a lower caliber, and his recent losses were flat out losses (outboxed) while Pac's were a robbery and once in a lifetime KO punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                First fight had lots of intangibles:

Cotto coming from the Margarito "wraps" fiasco, having trained himself and with his mitt holder as corner with no game plan along with the CW all combined with a MONSTER Pac (which IMO was the best Pac ever) all let to the beat down.

Now, I can see a completely different fight leaning 50/50 on a decision but I would not hesitate that Cotto could put Pac to sleep now.
                this was cotto's third fight after margarito. was he still mentally drained? did it go away after pac beat him? is there now a pac fiasco? did that go away when trout beat him? a trout fiasco?

Comment

i dont think so, imagine freddie roach switching corners every round

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                    The outcome depends largely on the agreed upon weight.

In the first fight, I do believe the weight cut for Cotto had an impact but ultimately, he didn't fight smart and didn't respect Pac's abilities. Cotto tried to fight Pac who was twice as fast & twice as mobile, like these realities didn't exist, and Pac torched him for being stupid.
                    this right here.

Comment

Working...
                    X