Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: SHO VP: Wilder vs. Joshua in Late 2017, Could Be Pay-Per-View

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    Ahhhhh you know that Joshua signed with 'Showtime' for a multi-fight deal right? and Wilder has been fighting on that network...so obviously PPV is the platform.
    I feel so educated now. I understand y its a ppv, makes so much sense now. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      I feel so educated now. I understand y its a ppv, makes so much sense now. Thanks for the clarification.
      Great for Wilder about time he get the big purse despite the Pedvetkin fallout -- he might even end up getting that fight next year too and both those fights could set him up for life.....when you are clean you deserve it...and cheats like Fury and the rest should have their bank accounts frozen!

Comment

They need to do that **** just like the UFC does PPV's. Do the prelims on Fox Sports 1 or Fox or CBS or whatever & then sell the PPV all during that show. Definitely make a good card with some competitive fights. They should do one of those Showtime Boxing on CBS things with Joshua too to get his name out in the US sports world more. He has that KO appeal that could bring comparisons to Tyson which would obviously bring in fans if it caught fire.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          Great for Wilder about time he get the big purse despite the Pedvetkin fallout -- he might even end up getting that fight next year too and both those fights could set him up for life.....when you are clean you deserve it...and cheats like Fury and the rest should have their bank accounts frozen!
          It is great for wilder but wilder needs exposure. He has personality. Haymon needs to be a good manager & get him publicity. A commercial and a spot on the WWE would do wonders.

Comment

Wilder has come a long way on raw power and athleticism.

Imagine how devastating his punches would be if he had the skill of Rigondeaux to set them up. It's crazy that he only started boxing at age 20 and beats fighters with twice as much experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
              Wilder has come a long way on raw power and athleticism.

Imagine how devastating his punches would be if he had the skill of Rigondeaux to set them up. It's crazy that he only started boxing at age 20 and beats fighters with twice as much experience.
              Wilders has innate ability of a slick bruvva

Him having no experience makes it more fair on stiff eurobums like joshua and fury

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                In b4 the hypocritical PBC fanboys explain why this is a justified ppv and start talking numbers and posting tweets. #freeTVdoe
                I don't think PBC has to be 100% free TV all the time in particular in this transitional time for them as a entity in boxing. There are already "unofficial" PBC fights happening on Showtime. A PPV for Wilder vs Joshua would be a similar thing.

Plus with Joshua being a PPV guy already in the UK who's knocking down $4M+ to fight prospects he'll probably require PPV money to even agree to that fight as the free TV model doesn't seem as productive as it needs to be to command those sort of paydays yet that Joshua (& to a lesser extent Deontay) would want.

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                I'm not getting excited for something that MIGHT happen a year and a half from now. Come on boxing, you gotta do better than that.
                Its a fight that isn't ripe yet brother. This is a legit fight to marinate. Don't gotta get excited yet, but its something to look forward to...potentially if things go right, as they tend to do in boxing when a big fight gets suggested.

Comment

If these guys ate undefeated next year and have their belts and they can't put it on ppv, thats a bad sign.

Not that I'd rather pay but if they can't sell two marketable heavyweights who are titlists with Olympic medals who knock almost all their opponents out... The sport is in trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I don't think PBC has to be 100% free TV all the time in particular in this transitional time for them as a entity in boxing. There are already "unofficial" PBC fights happening on Showtime. A PPV for Wilder vs Joshua would be a similar thing.

Plus with Joshua being a PPV guy already in the UK who's knocking down $4M+ to fight prospects he'll probably require PPV money to even agree to that fight as the free TV model doesn't seem as productive as it needs to be to command those sort of paydays yet that Joshua (& to a lesser extent Deontay) would want.

Its a fight that isn't ripe yet brother. This is a legit fight to marinate. Don't gotta get excited yet, but its something to look forward to...potentially if things go right, as they tend to do in boxing when a big fight gets suggested.
                    No honestly I understand and I get it, I wasnt referring to you Panda because we not may always agree but I do respect you and think you are very logical in your responses. My thing is the illogical "I only back PBC but Im a true boxing fan" poster thatll bash Top Rank for making a PPV when PBC has made a reputation of being on free t.v. At this point I dont see any difference in Crawford vs Postol and Wilder vs Joshua except maybe Joshua being more popular than both in the UK but the concept is basically the same, regular Showtime would be a decent treat for fans...

Comment

I was thinking why so long wait? But then realisedwilder is injured and will need too recover. Otherwise it could have happened in 3 months time

Comment

Working...
                      X