Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: McGregor Fight May Happen, I Can't Overlook Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should box in an octagon.

Comment

McGregor won't be able to beat his sparring partners in boxing, how is he going to beat Floyd Mayweather? This idea is asinine.

Comment

Originally posted by jkirk039 View Post
        This man is a marketing genius.
        "The IRONY" Promoter Mayweather.
        Using McGregor's name to promote his junk fighters!!!

Comment

This is as ******ed as some people debating a female mma fighter could beat a man, let alone a male boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Respect to Floyd for steady talking about some **** everyone is saying is bs except him it seems. He's a marketing genius or a trolling genius or a lil of both idek at this point. The f#cked up thing is depending how this is angled if it were to take place, I could see it going so mainstream it'd break the Manny vs Floyd PPV record.

I feel like straight pro boxing wouldn't hold as much appeal nor would straight MMA, but maybe if they did a hybrid thing with MMA gloves, but boxing rules it'd get a ton of people interested.

I don't know about breaking the floyd vs manny ppv record.

Maybe if Conor was still undefeated and didn't lose to diaz.

It would still do numbers tho

Like imagine if floyd and conor had fought after conor had knockout aldo

Comment

I dont see how this fight is ever competitive. I mean, its going to be lopsided one way or another. In a boxing match, Mayweather works McGregor over. Mayweather has beaten countless world class boxers and world champions. McGregor doesn't have that type of experience. He has decent hands but I dont think that translates into any kind of success in a boxing ring.

At the same time, under UFC rules, Conor would maul Floyd. Mayweather would get taken down and submitted or GNP very quickly. McGregor has beaten everyone he's faced in his weight class, while Floyd has no real mma experience.

I'm sure the spectacle would sell well for the entertainment value of it and the 'boxing vs mma' part of it, I just dont see how the rules could be configured to make it a competitive fight.

Comment

Not interested in this BS circus fight

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                  McGreggor has a mean left hook, if he can train with freddie roach for a couple months, he could end up a polished boxer. Working on timing is key. McGreggor already has his footwork down, very quick in's and out, could give mayweather lots of problems
                  Still as deluded as ever, I see.

Comment

As a floyd fan i cant back him up on this. Its a bull **** fight and i hope he tries to go up against ggg and canelo ppv and gets 5 buys. I buy all floyd fights, yeah i said it. But not this one. ****s a joke. He should be embarrassed to even consider this. Making a mockery of the sport if this happens. Fight Danny or just stay retired. Naw just stay retired. Dont hold the sport hostage. I thought he was just woofin about this and just fight dsg.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                      McGreggor has a mean left hook, if he can train with freddie roach for a couple months, he could end up a polished boxer. Working on timing is key. McGreggor already has his footwork down, very quick in's and out, could give mayweather lots of problems
                      So, if Conor McGregor, a guy with no real professional boxing experience, can train with Freddie Roach for just two months, he can be polished enough to give Mayweather fits. That sure says a lot for Freddie Roach as a trainer. It sure is a shame that Manny Pacquiao couldn't find such a trainer...

Comment

Working...
                      X