No announcement yet.

Romanians and boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romanians and boxing?

I have seen undefeated Mihai Leu spar and watched some of his fights on youtube and he kind of reminded me of Oscar De la Hoya, a Romanian version anyway.

Now he did retire undefeated but only mostly fighting Romanians. Curious to know how good Romanians are at boxing?

Also, I have noticed handful of Canadian Romanians active in the 90s. Curious to know the story behind that if any or if it was just a coincidence...

Plenty of "Roma" boxers have come and gone. Meaning Gypsy fighters. Don't know if there's a difference, though, between Roma and Romanians.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
      Plenty of "Roma" boxers have come and gone. Meaning Gypsy fighters. Don't know if there's a difference, though, between Roma and Romanians.
      Huge difference. Roma gypsies are scum. Real Romanians are not.

Comment

they are completely different ethnic groups

Comment

Don't ever say that to a Romanian, especially in Romania.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            Don't ever say that to a Romanian, especially in Romania.

This.

Roma people generally have a very poor reputation throughout Europe. They are generally seen as thieves, cowards, liars, junkies, etc...

Romanians are not Romas (necessarily).

Comment

Working...
            X