Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamboa must feel like a complete idiot by now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I respect 50 cent however SMS promotions is a complete flop.

Gamboa should beg Arum to take him back

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      No HE didn't make the decision. He allowed Mayweather to whisper in his ears about joining his new Promotion Co. Mayweather was just using him to embarrass Arum. Mayweather got Curtis Jackson to put up all the money for ongoing expenses, and when the time came for him to pay his share he reneged and left Jackson with the fledgling company, and the 3-4 boxers they'd signed. Jackson, to his credit , decided to carry on and take the load on himself.

Arum was left over a million out of pocket for the arranged press and TV shoots not to mention the enormous embarrassment of Gamboa walking out on a fight he's agreed to do. Also, Arum acceded to Gamboa's request that he have the major TV/press shoot in his home town Miami...... and then the day before, refused to turn up.

I don't think this all come from Gamboa's mind, he was being directed what to do....
      Great illuminating post. I could have never come up with such great clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        Were they serious about Gamboa-Mares at 130 a little while back?
        That would be a really good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
          Thanks guys. It's a pleasure to get a little credit.

Comment

People keep saying Floyd got in his ear etc.. but Floyd still have an ongoing career he had to focus on. It was all Curtis Jackson's ambition that put Gamboa the spot he is in currently. 50 tried to make moves in the absence of Mayweather who was facing charges. 50 tried to do too much, he was trying to get glory out of Mayweather and Pacquiao's name, trying to put a notch on his belt.. He ultimately failed. Mayweather already have a solid team with Al Haymon and Goldenboy Promotion which is also helping his Promotional company become something more than a name.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              No HE didn't make the decision. He allowed Mayweather to whisper in his ears about joining his new Promotion Co. Mayweather was just using him to embarrass Arum. Mayweather got Curtis Jackson to put up all the money for ongoing expenses, and when the time came for him to pay his share he reneged and left Jackson with the fledgling company, and the 3-4 boxers they'd signed. Jackson, to his credit , decided to carry on and take the load on himself.

Arum was left over a million out of pocket for the arranged press and TV shoots not to mention the enormous embarrassment of Gamboa walking out on a fight he's agreed to do. Also, Arum acceded to Gamboa's request that he have the major TV/press shoot in his home town Miami...... and then the day before, refused to turn up.

I don't think this all come from Gamboa's mind, he was being directed what to do....
              Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
              +1 wouldn't let me give green K

Comment

The biggest fight for gamboa that is possible is that mikey garcia at 130, i dont think that mares fight is possible at all, i know mares and gamboa are down i just dont think gbp will do it.

Comment

Working...
                X