No announcement yet.

The Mothman Incident

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I AM....... THE MOTHMAN!!!!!

So should I just check yes on the poll? Or..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
      As big as the universe is, you really believe we are the only intelligent lifeforms?
      Interstellar travel is only theoretically possible. That doesn't mean it's actually possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        I think believing some things are unexplainable is not only a defeatist, pessimistic, regressive attitude, but also helps superstitious lies replace truth.
        The word unexplainable is a paradox. If something happens it can be explained whether you know the explanation or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
          seems to be harmless now, but the attitude of the TS is the same attitude that was displayed by people during the time of the inquisition that got thousands of innocent women burned at the stake accused of witchcraft...

i doubt you are going to get a copy and read it but here is a proof...

the end of faith (paperback edition)
          sam harris
          chapter 3 p. 92
          That was a terrible thing but lets not act like you or any of the other hindsight captians on here would have been the clear headed beacon of truth in that situation.

Comment

• Mass Hysteria you say? More like unsolved mysteries.....

Comment

• Just remember it works both ways and People mistake the EXTRAORDINARY for the ordinary (that they expect to see) far more often than the other way round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                The word unexplainable is a paradox. If something happens it can be explained whether you know the explanation or not.
                example...?

Comment

That was a terrible thing but lets not act like you or any of the other hindsight captians on here would have been the clear headed beacon of truth in that situation.
                  im talking historical context mate... learning from it... so it can't happen again... can't learn from it without hindsight...

Comment

Just remember it works both ways and People mistake the EXTRAORDINARY for the ordinary (that they expect to see) far more often than the other way round.
                    i'd like to echo the noose here...

this statement is quite vague unless you support it with some some good examples...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                      example...?
                      I explained it right after the statement. If something happens then it has an explanation whether it's known by you or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X