Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haters hating on Chavez Jr double standards much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haters hating on Chavez Jr double standards much?

It's ironic as hell how people rage at Chavez Jr now for cherry picking and waiting for a old champion to get older when Wladimir Klithscko did the exact same thing from 2000-2003 against Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson.

Wladimir had even more hype surrounding him from 2000-2003 before the Sanders Ko and he blatantly ducked every top fighter during that time, fighting bums and recycled bags and avoiding both Tyson and Lennox. Obviously the Sanders beat down was a major career set back so he had no star power after that and he couldn't call out anyone. BUT before Sanders for 3 years Wlad was ranked #2-#3 by all various boxing organizations and didn't go after anybody in the top 5.

Chavez Jr actually don't have as much hype as Wlad did, but he is blamed and ****ted on by so many people.

What's to say Chavez Jr won't end up being a even better champion then Wlad became?

I tell you this much Chavez Jr will NEVER get knocked out by a fat golfer, trust me on that. Chavez Jr is just doing what a smart young champion does,

haters hate hate hate haters haters hate hate all day.

I like how now its about being "smart" <--- what does this even mean?

Comment

Jr will never get KOed by a golfer or anybody by the same token, while He's allowed to juice up and continue picking on B fighters.

Comment

What if Molina beats kirkland? That would make jr's resume look a little better since he has a draw and a win over molina. Right? Haters?

Comment

When you're at the top, people always try to take you down. But JCC JR's greatness was predetermined.

Comment

Jcc jr is ducking his mandatory. Which means he is scard. and B fighters? You mean C

Comment

Why bring Klitschkos up?

I agree with the hypocrisy, though. . MARTINEZ refuses to fight guys who he has more "drawing power" (at least in US) like Pirog. . . He refuses to take on any kind of high risk fight?

ANd I don't want to hear this "well Chavez has the WBC belt". . . Everybody knows BELTS don't mean shyt. . In another argument, these same people will point out that "the REAL champion" is. . . Or "who cares about belts, they mean nothing. . . "

And these same people will accuse Chavez of being nothing but a hype job bum, etc. . And htey claim to be "real boxing" fans who only want to see the best fights made. . WELL RIDDLE ME THIS Chavez haters. . "Why THE FUGG would you want to see the best MW fight a cherry picking hype job"?!

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                Why bring Klitschkos up?

I agree with the hypocrisy, though. . MARTINEZ refuses to fight guys who he has more "drawing power" (at least in US) like Pirog. . . He refuses to take on any kind of high risk fight?

ANd I don't want to hear this "well Chavez has the WBC belt". . . Everybody knows BELTS don't mean shyt. . In another argument, these same people will point out that "the REAL champion" is. . . Or "who cares about belts, they mean nothing. . . "

And these same people will accuse Chavez of being nothing but a hype job bum, etc. . And htey claim to be "real boxing" fans who only want to see the best fights made. . WELL RIDDLE ME THIS Chavez haters. . "Why THE FUGG would you want to see the best MW fight a cherry picking hype job"?!
                Why should Martinez at this point in his career have to take fights that are pretty much all risk and no reward? If he fights Pirog and dominates him who outside of the most hardcore of boxing fans would care? Most would just give him the same amount of credit he got when he beat Sergi (who had a much better resume) which is little to none. He'd just be called a "euro bum" as soon as Martinez dusted him.

Comment

Oh the reason I brought Wlad up is people forget he was in very similar situations at a much grander scale back in early 2000s. Obviously most online forums were nonexistence in early 2000's because online communities was just heating up at the time.

But HW boxing at the time was still very very relevant in the USA, I was very very young but still remember reading all these articles about Wladimir because he was my favorite boxer at that time. I followed him extensively from 2000-2003 and everyone was hyping him and making a huge deal out of him
                  I wanted him to go after lennox or Tyson because at the time Lennox was the clear #1 and Tyson although faded was #1 in popularity and marketing appeal.

After every Wlad fight, Tyson will always be at ringside and comment he will be interested in fighting wlad, Tyson will fight anyone for the money. I always knew Lennox was out of wlad's league but Tyson I thought Wlad had a legit chance to beat. Wlad never called out anybody only using phrases like
                  'when the time is right 'i will be ready in another 18 monthes' stuff like that.

Chavez Jr compare to Wlad when Wlad was Chavez's age is actually MUCH more accomplished and impressive. Yet, people ride on him for not fighting sergio.

Sergio Martinez is a ****ing no name, HE NEEDS CHAVEZ to make a big fight. Not the other way around.

Everyone hating on Chavez, should think that's exactly what Wlad did, and his career of beating up recycled tomato cans turned out great....

Comment

Originally posted by SAN D13GO VILLAN View Post
                    What if Molina beats kirkland? That would make jr's resume look a little better since he has a draw and a win over molina. Right? Haters?
                    Molina and Jr fought twice. A draw and a majority decision. Did you ever seen the fights?

IMO Jr didn't win either. Close fights but he didnt win it especially the first one that shouldn't had been a dram.

Molina had a bad case of no name and bad management. I'm glad that he is getting opportunities cause he does have good solid basic skills along with instincts

Comment

Working...
                    X