Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Official] Record what you eat on the daily here.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Official] Record what you eat on the daily here.

Thought it would be interesting for me to make this thread. I'm gonna try to drop down to 160 lbs. For the past 4 days I've been eating once/ twice a day (Mostly once).

Right now I heated up some spinach in the microwave, toasted 4 slices of wheat bread in the oven and added a little butter on top

You should really search some of the diet/weight loss threads on this site....

Comment

Originally posted by ScottDBA View Post
      You should really search some of the diet/weight loss threads on this site....
      That was quick.

I hardly ever come here, I wouldn't know O.o

Comment

You're not going to have any energy if you're only eating two meals and one of them is spinach and toast.

I'm losing weight right now and today I had.

Banana before run.

Breakfast after run:
        Omelette (1 egg and a bunch of egg whites) with baby spinach, kidney beans, and some salsa. Piece of rye toast.

Lunch:
        1cup bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and some honey

Snack:
        Apple

Pre training meal:
        Half a small steak steak, a baked sweet potato, broccoli, piece of rye bread

After training: Protein shake and some berries. I might have a bit of low fat yogurt before I go to bed becuase I'm getting hungry.

Plus lots of water all day
        -----------------------------
        Two little meals probably isn't even enough food for a regular person who is sitting on their ass all day. If you're going to be doing any training, you will have no energy.

You need complex carbs for a steady energy release, and protein to help rebuild your muscles. Enough food to give you the energy to get through your training, but make it clean food that isn't loaded with excess calories in sugars and fats.
        Last edited by ScottDBA; 06-21-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

SOY,

you should go to forum.bodybuilding.com and look for the "losing fat" and "nutrition" section.

there, you'll be able to find what you need to know about how to properly lose the weight you want. before you say "oh thats a bodybuilding site" there are tons of info from professionals who coach, do scientific research etc.

what i CAN tell you is that eating once/day isn't optimal. if you want to lose weight properly you want to find your basal metabolic rate, multiply that by your activity level, and subtract between 500-800 cals. you don't want to be losing more than 2 or 3 lbs per week.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            Thought it would be interesting for me to make this thread. I'm gonna try to drop down to 160 lbs. For the past 4 days I've been eating once/ twice a day (Mostly once).

Right now I heated up some spinach in the microwave, toasted 4 slices of wheat bread in the oven and added a little butter on top
            Eating once a day is a horrible way at losing weight. What will happen is your body will start eating away at muscle rather then fat.

There are plenty other ways to lose weight while maintaining your muscle.

Comment

I've posted about this many times. Fasting is for professionals who are in the last days of making weight, and have a full 24 hours to replenish. Forget this for the amateurs.

When you are working out, you should not restrict your meals that much. Like clock work, I eat the same thing every damn day, but it works.

Breakfast is 2 hard boiled eggs, and a can of tuna(Filled with water, not oil). I do not even use salt, as adding anything of the sort would start to add dehydration intead an already depleted diet. If I ever ate a lunch, it was the same thing as breakfast.

After this I do not eat until I work out. About an hour before, I cook a "big" meal. This would consist of either baked chicken with some toast, or chicken rice and gravy(0% fat gravy, pretty much flavored water). I drown this down with a cup of orange juice.

The main thing to be focused on, is what you are doing in between meals. Do not snack, at all. No power bars or anything. Power bars add protein, and on such a low diet and working out, you will build muscle instead of losing weight. Carbs are great as they are a slow release of energy, and easily digested.

The only thing you should be drinking is water, other then that orange juice. Energy drinks are terrible, and Gatorade type drinks are actually loaded in sodium. Stay away from them, stick to water as it is best for you!

The day of my fight I eat nothing until I weigh in(Duh), then I normally eat some spaghetti and chicken, bread, chuck a orange juice, and sip on a Powerade.

Anyhow, what is a big factor here is, what is your current weight? And are you losing this for a fight, or just for whatever? If for a fight, or a target goal, how long do you have?

P.S: Keep in mind, I fight at 126 lbs. This may not be enough food for someone weighing 160+

Comment

boston chocolate bannana milkshake. so goooooodddd. num num num num

Comment

Today ill probly have egg salad sandwhich on wheat, applesauce, yogurt, bagel, 2 packs of ramen noodles with 1/4 cup parm butter salt an pepper on each, 1 belgin waffel, pack of tastey cakes, jimmy dean microwaveable b-fast sandwhich, a couple glasses of oj and milk, cup of green tea, water mellon, vanilla ice cream cone with chocolate jimmies, and a few slices of swiss cheese.

Comment

Just that lately I've been watching alot of movies. Doesn't cross my mind to eat, so I don't think too much into it; since it actually helps I guess?. I also don't eat anything in the morning, in fact I can't remember the last time I ate breakfast. I'm hardly ever in the mood for that either.

Just that I would like to eat alot healthier. My mom's side of the family as a history of diabetes, and I'm sad to say that in a period of one month I saw my eye sight take a hit

So I'm trying to eat less, stay off the sugar and eat more vegetables.

Comment

Working...
                    X