Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superstar and best Scorer on the planet Drilling and Adding to his game - Boxing???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superstar and best Scorer on the planet Drilling and Adding to his game - Boxing???

My study of how to effectively teach has lead me to other pro sports. The attention to detail via drilling that other sports use to teach is consistent. Somehow in boxing we think all you need is the 1-2 and you have to prove your toughness take an ass whooping during sparring.

Also noteworthy is that Carmelo is a superstar and the best scorer on the planet but here he is in the off-season Drilling and Adding to his game.

In boxing drilling and studying film is taboo. Why is that. Why are we still doing 4 rounds rope,shadow,bag

...4 rounds of anything is a basic part of your basic routine in training! Your saying the basics studied by Carmelo is ok but the basics in a simple routine isn't!
    Heres a thought for a "new way of thinking"..........see if Canelo can play defense! Now that would be a "new way of thnking" for him! Help a brother out Barry! Your attitude is lending to be arguementative, its beginning to bore me! Your falling into trolling and thats beneath you, I think!
    Ray Corso

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      ...4 rounds of anything is a basic part of your basic routine in training! Your saying the basics studied by Carmelo is ok but the basics in a simple routine isn't!
      Heres a thought for a "new way of thinking"..........see if Canelo can play defense! Now that would be a "new way of thnking" for him! Help a brother out Barry! Your attitude is lending to be arguementative, its beginning to bore me! Your falling into trolling and thats beneath you, I think!
      Ray Corso
      I disagree about your perception of my tone in the post.

Comment

How about Canelos defensive ability? Do you disagree with that!! HA! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          How about Canelos defensive ability? Do you disagree with that!! HA! Ray
          I made several videos about Canelo please watch them.

Comment

Hey coach barry. When. I go to the gym i change it up
            , sometimes i do 4 to 5 rounds of each thing, sometimes i work on 2 specific things all day. Like for example. The other day i went in at 3:30 with my dad and i warmed up shadow boxing , speed bag and jump rope. And then did over 6 drills for 2 hours working on my jab , double jab and stab jab.
            Then worked on head movement and footwork in different situations.

Comment

Working...
            X