Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martin Murray interview [talks Martinez, Golovkin, Saunders and Visa issues]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Murray interview [talks Martinez, Golovkin, Saunders and Visa issues]

His Visa is taking 6-7 months so that rules out MSG in November. Golovkin will probably go in another direction.

Golovkin offered to fight him in England plus Murray has the WBA Interm title and was allowed to keep it in spite of fighting Martinez for the WBC title under the condition that he fight Golovkin or the next highest ranked WBA boxer available right after. The Champion offered to fight him at home so if he doesn't accept its 100% duck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      Golovkin offered to fight him in England plus Murray has the WBA Interm title and was allowed to keep it in spite of fighting Martinez for the WBC title under the condition that he fight Golovkin or the next highest ranked WBA boxer available right after. The Champion offered to fight him at home so if he doesn't accept its 100% duck.
      Well you heard the interview, he never received a formal offer to fight in the States never mind the UK. They only enquired as to his Visa status.

The interviewer messed up not asking about the possibility of fighting Golovkin in the UK but maybe he hadn't heard that rumour.

Comment

Does he have a criminal conviction on his name or something? Why does it take 6 months to sort out a working visa for a British citizen in America?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Does he have a criminal conviction on his name or something? Why does it take 6 months to sort out a working visa for a British citizen in America?
          Yes, I think he did time for assault (when he was young doe).

Because of his record - which includes more than one occasion spent at Her Majesty's Pleasure - he can not automatically be granted permission to enter the US.

Murray is now a qualified youth worker who has turned his life around.

When I interviewed him for Boxing Monthly in July 2011, I asked Murray about his brushes with the law and, given that he has left that life behind, he was very uncomfortable with the subject.

I’m very, very ashamed about it,” he admitted.

It was a brush with the law in 2006 – combined with meeting Gemma, his girlfriend and the mother of his two young children – which finally persuaded him to try the straight and narrow road.

It was something stupid again,” confessed Murray, uneasily. “I had a fight with a doorman in Preston. I was backing one of my mates up who was in trouble. My mate got done as well and the judge could only give me the same time as he gave him. So I got 60 days. I was already out on licence so it could have been much, much worse. I got lucky and that was when I decided enough was enough, I just couldn’t keep doing this.”

Devastated Martin hopes his ill-fortune will be a lesson to youngsters who could be falling on the wrong side of the law. He added: “I am a qualified youth worker and spend lot of time working with kids making an effort to help keep them out of trouble.

"I am pleading with the youth of today not to make the same mistakes I did when I was young. Even if you change your life around it can still come back to bite you.”
          http://news.boxrec.com/news/2012/mar...ck-haunt-him-0
          Last edited by Weebler I; 07-14-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Well you heard the interview, he never received a formal offer to fight in the States never mind the UK. They only enquired as to his Visa status.

The interviewer messed up not asking about the possibility of fighting Golovkin in the UK but maybe he hadn't heard that rumour.
            Well when Tom Loeffler says he had made those offers and Murray says they've talked to his camp but not given official offers it comes down to who you believe. Loeffler and Golovkin have been desperate to fight top MW's are fighting often and have good reputations so guess who i believe.

Murray looking for easier options makes sense, Loeffler and Golokvin publicly stating they made offers but lying about it doesn't. Wouldn't be suprised if Ricky Hatton isn't telling Murray everything like what happened with Sauerland/Pulev and Jennings/Peltz with his promoter lying to Jennings about the offer he recieved only to get exposed on twitter by Kalle.
            Last edited by Mikhnienko; 07-14-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Yes, I think he did time for assault (when he was young doe).

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2012/mar...ck-haunt-him-0
              Ok now that makes sense, like you said he was young doe and he would be making money for the tax payers in America. Am sure they can grant him assess without too much issues.

Well when Tom Loeffler says he had made those offers and Murray says they've talked to his camp but not given official offers it comes down to who you believe. Loeffler and Golovkin have been desperate to fight top MW's are fighting often and have good reputations so guess who i believe.

Murray looking for easier options makes sense, Loeffler and Golokvin publicly stating they made offers but lying about it doesn't. Who promotes Murray Hearn?
              How would we even know who is lying or telling the truth? It makes sense to wait and see who is telling us lies rather than believing one team... You said why would Golovkin lie... Well why would Murray lie too?

Comment

Ok now that makes sense, like you said he was young doe and he would be making money for the tax payers in America. Am sure they can grant him assess without too much issues.

How would we even know who is lying or telling the truth? It makes sense to wait and see who is telling us lies rather than believing one team... You said why would Golovkin lie... Well why would Murray lie too?
                Either Hatton is lying to Murray about the offer while searching for easier oppertunities or Murray also knows and is doing the same thing. Same thing Hearn admitted to regarding Barker.

Comment

Either Hatton is lying to Murray about the offer while searching for easier oppertunities or Murray also knows and is doing the same thing. Same thing Hearn admitted to regarding Barker.
                  Or Team Golovkin are lying. Ever thought about that?

Comment

Or Team Golovkin are lying. Ever thought about that?
                    So why don't these guys ever call him on his bluff? Like Murray could say, alright lets do it in the UK

Comment

Working...
                    X