Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Timothy Bradley Ducking Devon Alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish he would fight him and hate when I hear fighters I like talking all of the $$$ talk because as a fan its not what I want to hear but him moving up a weight division to fight an unbeaten prospect with punching power is in no way a duck.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
      depends....since alexander camp offered £150,000 and bradley said he wants more...if alexander camp offers more cash and bradley says no again then yeah hes ducking..
      150,000? are you serious....If Bradley can make that fighting someone else, then Alexander is gonna wait even longer to step in the ring with Bradley..Business wise the best thing to do is to wait for this fight to build up. This fight is worth alot more than what it can do now...I really could see a Triology coming out of this....

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        I wish he would fight him and hate when I hear fighters I like talking all of the $$$ talk because as a fan its not what I want to hear but him moving up a weight division to fight an unbeaten prospect with punching power is in no way a duck.
        actually its exactly a duck.

he vacated his belt so there was no obligation to fight Alexander.

its a duck, no two ways about it.

if khan gave up his belt to fight a nobody at 140lbs so he wouldnt have to fight Maidanna and said he was only doing it to make more money, you would be calling him a ducker.

Bradley would make more money fighting Alexander then whoever the guyhe's fighting at 147lbs.

straight up a duck, must be relates to Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by ma51f View Post

if khan gave up his belt to fight a nobody at 140lbs so he wouldnt have to fight Maidanna and said he was only doing it to make more money, you would be calling him a ducker.

Bradley would make more money fighting Alexander then whoever the guyhe's fighting at 147lbs.

I would be a duck if he was taking an easier fight for him but I think Abregu is a risky proposition.

If Khan had fought someone with pop instead of Paulie I don't know if he would have been criticized so harshly.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            I would be a duck if he was taking an easier fight for him but I think Abregu is a risky proposition.

If Khan had fought someone with pop instead of Paulie I don't know if he would have been criticized so harshly.
            Abregu is an easier fight then Alexander

straight up duck, no qeustion about it

Comment

Bradley is the best fighter at 140 to date. No doubt in my eyes.

Alex is catching up, quality fighter also, and dangerous.

Alex's team have had Bradley kinda avoid him since last year when he vacated, but you gotta admit Bradley was after Pac and Hatton at the time.

Shaw is being clever.

Bradley wants it, read his interviews, he said he talks to his people all the time on fighting Alex, but they say let it build.

Now is he a duck? Nah prob best resume at 140.

Could he fight Alex? Yes, but let him have one fight.

Thenafter, let's see.

I know we all mad this tourney may not happen, but Bradley has done enough to not be called a duck.

Comment

At the time no one knew who Alexander was...Nate Campbell was the unified champion at 135 and everybody considered him a more dangerous opponent than Alexander...Nate was far more known and was offered more money, it was an obvious choice for Bradley...on the other hand.. Khan didn't want to fight Maidana for what reason but took on lesser dangerous feather fisted fighter...its a different situation IMO
                Last edited by chillin8; 05-22-2010, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chillin8 View Post
                  At the time no one knew who Alexander was...Nate Campbell was the unified champion at 135 and everybody considered him a more dangerous opponent than Alexander...Nate was far more known and was offered more money, it was an obvious choice for Bradley...on the other hand.. Khan didn't want to fight Maidana for what reason but took on lesser dangerous feather fisted fighter...its a different situation IMO
                  lol so its ok for Bradley to avoid Alexander to fight amore well known and money fight in Campbell but not for Khan to take on Paulie for the exact same reasons???

anyway Bradley gave up his belt, straight up duck, there is no two way about it.

Khan will fight Maidana, sometime after the footballl world cup

Comment

Your right, I never thought of that. Alexander was his no.1 contender after the Holt fight for his WBC belt, which he dropped and went on to fight Campbell for the WBO instead.

Maybe it was a financial thing and sanctioning fees were less and Campbell brought in money, but tbh it doesn't look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
                      Your right, I never thought of that. Alexander was his no.1 contender after the Holt fight for his WBC belt, which he dropped and went on to fight Campbell for the WBO instead.

Maybe it was a financial thing and sanctioning fees were less and Campbell brought in money, but tbh it doesn't look good.
                      Bradley wanted to fight Pac and Hatton, read this:

y Jim Dower: The World Boxing Council has stripped unbeaten WBC light welterweight champion Timothy Bradley (24-0, 11 KOs) for reportedly not facing his WBC number #1 ranked challenger Devon Alexander. However, Bradley, 25, sent in an e-mail earlier today to the WBC, telling them that he’s vacating the WBC title because the WBC was telling him to choose between keeping either the WBC or WBO light welterweight titles. It seemed like an easy choice for Bradley to make.

The number #1 and #2 challengers in the WBO are Manny Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton, whereas the number #1 and #2 challengers for the WBC are Devon Alexander and Junior Witter. With those kinds of fighters just below him, which belt would you choose to keep?

There’s no point in keeping the WBC, because the money that Bradley would make in fighting Alexander is nothing compared to the kind of cash he would get in facing either Pacquiao or Hatton. Even if Hatton and Pacquiao never do decide to fight Bradley, he’s still better off keeping the WBO title because the number #3 challenger is Victor Ortiz, a fighter that is easily more popular than either Alexander or Witter.

Bradley has already beaten Witter by a 12-round split decision last year in May 2008, and Alexander wouldn’t be an interesting opponent due to his nonexistent power and his dull manner of fighting. Bradley would likely beat both Witter and Alexander, yet receive only a fraction of the money he’ll get if he can get Hatton or Pacquiao in the ring with him.

With the WBC title now free and up for grabs, Bradley and Alexander will now fight it out for the vacant title. Both fighters are talented but badly flawed, so it’s hard to pick a winner of the two. Alexander fights poorly at a distance and seems to be at his best on the inside.

However, he has no power and has fought mediocre opposition up to this point in his early career. For his part, Witter, 35, has the better overall skill by far. However, he’s starting to show his age in the past couple of fights and doesn’t move or punch as fast as he used to.

If this fight were to have taken place three years ago, I’d have picked Witter by a lopsided 12 round decision. But, now that he’s a little bit older, slower and more of a stationary target, I think he’ll struggle to beat Alexander.

I still think he’ll have too many skills for Alexander, but it will be a close victory with Witter tiring out in the 2nd half of the fight. I can’t see either fighter holding onto the title for long, because fighters like Nate Campbell and Randall Bailey are looming in the background and I see both of them as better fighters than Alexander and Witter.

I think Witter might be better off if he focuses his energy on the local British boxing scene where he can probably extend his career for another five years beating the mostly soft opposition there.

http://www.************.com/2009/04/...tes-wbc-title/

Comment

Working...
                      X