Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you afraid of death?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they allow boxing in heaven, I don't want to have to go to hell to watch unsanctioned bouts.

Comment

I don't think anyone on here can say they're not afraid of death. If they think that then they haven't truly thought about it. Even those who think 'everybody dies' still fear it, it's something we're not supposed to understand and be ok with.

Shaun, are you trolling or are you that transparent?

In one sentence you say you aren't afraid of death and in another, comfort yourself.

Comment

I don't like the idea of death at all, I remember I was just lying in bed a year ago thinking about it and it weirded me out a bit. However I can see how people can get over the fear of it if certain things happen in their lives or they're placed in certain circumstances.

The only way I won't really fear death to the same extent is if I accomplish something fantastic that will result in me making a difference to the world for the better. Then I'd sort of be able to die knowing I done the best I could have and there's nothing more for me here.

I say that and when the day of reckoning comes I'll not want to go.

Comment

everytime im on a plane i pray it crashes so that i can survive

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            I don't think anyone on here can say they're not afraid of death. If they think that then they haven't truly thought about it. Even those who think 'everybody dies' still fear it, it's something we're not supposed to understand and be ok with.

Shaun, are you trolling or are you that transparent?

In one sentence you say you aren't afraid of death and in another, comfort yourself.
            Not true, I don't fear death per say, I fear of how I'm going to die. I have a fear of dying from a disease that lingers on and I suffer, that's my biggest fear in life.

Fear of death itself, not so much. I mean as I get older, my mortality does get thought about more and more but I don't have a fear of dying. I have been around death my whole life and it's inevitable, I have already come to peace with that.

Comment

I'm not afraid of death because i believe you just don't exist anymore, so there's literally nothing to fear. Now the moment before death yes, i don't want to know that i'm about to go.

Comment

Originally posted by .Boxeo. View Post
                I have no fear of death, happens to everyone.

What I fear is god!

I have sinned alot and I dont want to go to hell. Only thing I fear.
                Turn to Christ, and turn your life around.

Comment

a little. it's healthy. when i'm going 60 down a sheet of ice and my skis wobble a bit i get the butterflies. you can call that fear. i'm glad to have that reaction. that's honestly more about the innate fear of damaging one's body than of dying. the body doesn't understand death in that sense, at least in my estimation. there's only damage, which we perceive as pain.

i don't "fear" the eventuality of death. i fear being past my prime. i don't know how the hell i'm going to take having to pass off a jar to a younger man because my hands aren't strong enough to open the thing.

Comment

Wife and kids will be taken care of if I die so No!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      Not true, I don't fear death per say, I fear of how I'm going to die. I have a fear of dying from a disease that lingers on and I suffer, that's my biggest fear in life.

Fear of death itself, not so much. I mean as I get older, my mortality does get thought about more and more but I don't have a fear of dying. I have been around death my whole life and it's inevitable, I have already come to peace with that.
                      Fear is the wrong word, it's the realisation that you have an end. When I think about death, I know it's inevitable and it doesn't really bother me. But when I really ponder it, it worries me.

Maybe it just depends on your state of mind or how much you really think it through. Ultimately, I think it falls down to how you view your own life and whether you feel fulfilment. There is no point wasting an emotion on the inevitable and you'll never realise you're dead.

Comment

Working...
                      X