Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Boxing be Dead after Mayweather and Pacquiao retires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Boxing be Dead after Mayweather and Pacquiao retires?

Who would Sell the PPVs???

I'm afraid MMA/UFC might just take Over

Edit: I didn't really mean exactly 'Dead' what I meant was would it take a huge step back & lose a lot of viewers also hide in the shadows for some while when these 2 would retire? and the growing popularity of other Combat sports really fears me to think so.
    Last edited by Lullaby; 07-18-2014, 03:04 PM.

No.........

Comment

only to the assh0les who only follow Floyd and Manny and don't know **** about the actual sport of boxing

Comment

No fighter or two fighters is above the entire sport. Period.

Comment

and who gives a **** about who will sell ppv's?? and what do you mean take over?? Boxing has been around for over a century and will always be around..what do you think people will stop boxing and they will cancel the sport??? I do not care if a fight is on ESPN, i am watching

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            only to the assh0les who only follow Floyd and Manny and don't know **** about the actual sport of boxing
            So.....you, then?

Comment

Nope, boxing will move on just like it did when Sugar Ray Leonard, Mike Tyson, and Oscar de la Hoya retired.

Comment

I am actually looking forward to their retirements. They both have had great careers, and we've been blessed to watch them.

Comment

Lol boxing has been "dying" since the 1920's.

And all the new fans get caught in the same trap: "when Pac/May retire (or DLH; Tyson; Ali; SRL; SRR; Louis etc), boxing is dead".

Comment

Nope.

And the proof is actually Manny Pacquiao himself. When Lennox Ko'd Tyson, people said boxing was dead because there were no more big fights to make.

Manny Pacquiao fought for the first in america on the undercard of that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X