No announcement yet.

Dead bodies stay on Mt Everest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panopticon View Post
    This guy(David Sharp) died(2006) next to the "green boots" corpse in the first picture. I believe this is real footage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eW6ifxuVFY

Edit: Meant to quote WheelofConcuer
    There's a face on the mountain at 1:42 on the video, far right.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      There's a face on the mountain at 1:42 on the video, far right.

It looks like Elton John, tiny dancer and rocket man era hahaha

Comment

Mountain climbing is some crazy ish.

Somebody from the lounge need to give this mountain a go. Annapurna.

It's only like the 10th highest in the world but it has the highest fatality rate. 41% die trying. Only like 150 have been recorded to have reached the top.

man that **** cray

Comment

that is standard procedure in serious mountaineering. sometimes a search/recovery effort will be launched well after the fact. for the most part, bodies on serious summits stay up there.

i'll even take it a step further. if a man stops moving, he's left there to die. he doesn't even have to be dead yet. you can't carry somebody down mt everest, and you'll die if you try.

everest isn't even the gnarliest summit on the planet. there would be many more bodies on k2 if it had the tourist appeal that everest does, or was as easy to attempt.

if you have enough time and money you can climb everest on the right day. it's becoming a popular destination. it's all about weather.
          k2 is much, much more difficult, and steers what are essentially "tourists" away.

cityboys
          soft as puppysh#t. stay out of muh mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            cityboys
            soft as puppysh#t. stay out of muh mountains.
            Yeah I don't think I can fade me some serious mountains. But I can fuxx with this one, doe.

I'll prolly need to stop and set up camp halfway through but I got that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Yeah I don't think I can fade me some serious mountains. But I can fuxx with this one, doe.

I'll prolly need to stop and set up camp halfway through but I got that.

just bring weed, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                just bring weed, bro.
                Idk man I was just thinking about bumming some chron off one of the dudes at the base camps

Comment

I actually think this might be a good thing.

If there ever was a mass extinction on earth, future life will be able to look at these corpses and get a glimpse into what he looked like as well as the mechanism of our bodies.

I'm sure their scientist will love how well preserved these bodies are.

Can you imagine if we were ever able to find well preserved neanderthals and other hominids?

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think they were just curious...

Comment

Judging by the bright colors of clothing in the first pic, I'd say that person died in the late 80's/early 90's

Comment

Working...
                      X