Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If all of the NFL and NBA players took up boxing, how would the greats fare?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If all of the NFL and NBA players took up boxing, how would the greats fare?

Imagine if all of the NFL and NBA players from the 60's,70's,80's, 90's and 00's took up boxing when they were kids. Would legends like Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield and the Klitschko's still come out on top or would they be overshadowed?
    Most would be overshadowed
    40.00%
    Some would be overshadowed
    15.00%
    None would be overshadowed
    45.00%

If every current NBA star and NFL star suddenly went back in time and took up boxing, there is no doubt in my mind at least one would be an ATG beast.

Comment

Red K for doing another pointless and absolutely shitty thread.

Comment

terry bradshaw would be the greatest of all time

Comment

Listen carefully as this is a pretty obvious post.

If the NBA/NFL players started their careers as boxers they would not BE NFL/NBA players, they would BE boxers.

If NFL/NBA players switched today to boxing late in their development as sportsman they can be good but never champs, they get exposed like Michael Grant for instance and Seth Mitchell.

With modern training as these days a giant like an NBA player CAN become balanced enough and tactically trained to be very effective at HW statistically.

However statistically in the past, such giant boxers never performed that well even when they were exclusively boxers because they were not trained specifically. Historically being around 6'2" has been the optimal for a HW boxing champ. Much larger guys have been oafish.

However, finally, it's true. If you take an NBA/NFL player and put them back in time as a boxer as they switch careers today (Michael Grant/Seth Mitchell etc) OF COURSE they are going to knock every single opponent out and become HW champion of the world. Last champ that probably could have stopped them was Muhammad Ali. Earlier than that I see a blood bath!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommo1 View Post

If the NBA/NFL players started their careers as boxers they would not BE NFL/NBA players, they would BE boxers.

If NFL/NBA players switched today to boxing late in their development as sportsman they can be good but never champs, they get exposed like Michael Grant for instance and Seth Mitchell.

With modern training as these days a giant like an NBA player CAN become balanced enough and tactically trained to be very effective at HW statistically.

However statistically in the past, such giant boxers never performed that well even when they were exclusively boxers because they were not trained specifically. Historically being around 6'2" has been the optimal for a HW boxing champ. Much larger guys have been oafish.

However, finally, it's true. If you take an NBA/NFL player and put them back in time as a boxer as they switch careers today (Michael Grant/Seth Mitchell etc) OF COURSE they are going to knock every single opponent out and become HW champion of the world. Last champ that probably could have stopped them was Muhammad Ali. Earlier than that I see a blood bath!
            Interesting post

Comment

Originally posted by Tommo1 View Post

push back a few times till you're on google, then search for the nearest crack addiction clinic and book yourself in. Grant and mitchel beating the likes of Foreman and Frazier? Haaaaa

Comment

Ray Lewis KO1 Mike Tyson

Comment

Listen you bloody idiot did you read the frigging post? I said PRE-Ali, i.e. Liston and previous!

I will say that Liston has a punchers chance against Mitchell, that's it (although very little). I ALSO TIP Foreman to beat Grant but I disagree completely about Frazier, I think Mitchell would beat Frazier and...

If you think Frazier has any chance in hell of doing anything against Michael Grant it is you who needs to book into a clinic pal!

Where is the logic gone!?

Comment

Nothing..they too would get KO, if you had said NHL now then I would say they would or might do well since they practically knock each other out on ice with punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X