Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Cotto Update: "Mayweather only has to say 'yes' to the challenge"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather see Mayweather-Martinez at 154...

Comment

if cotto fights another guilty opponent first like a top 5 guy and looks impressive doing so showing people that he's back then this fight would be a little more interesting but not as interesting as it would hav been 2-3 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by V-3 View Post
        Dude better not fight Cotto at this stage, for real. I have ZERO interest in this fight, at this time. The buzz for it has passed. Both need to fight others fighters. Cotto isn't the same fighter anymore.
        Come on now Coach.....you know Floyd will fight him....just for that reason

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
          I rather see Mayweather-Martinez at 154...
          Sergio vacated the WBC 154 belt that Pac-Margs are fighting for because he couldn't make the weight anymore. Right now he's waiting on 'the most avoided fighter in boxing' to man up and sign on to fight. Floyd can get the winner at middleweight, but I can't see that happening.

And Floyd won't fight Cotto because it will make him too much money, 'Money' can't make too much $ in one year or the IRS will change the tax rule just to rob him blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
            if cotto fights another guilty opponent first like a top 5 guy and looks impressive doing so showing people that he's back then this fight would be a little more interesting but not as interesting as it would hav been 2-3 years ago
            We all have Bob Arum and/or Mayweather to thank for that. I post this, but it's not for me because I seriously don't want to talk about Floyd until he signs to fight Pacquiao, Martinez, Williams, or even Cotto.

Until then these ****ing *******s can suck a dick, they're just taking away the spotlight from fighters who actually deserve it.

Comment

3 years ago this fight would have cemented Floyd's legacy. Now.............meh

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                By Karl Freitag

When Floyd Mayweather recently stayed at a luxury hotel in Isla Verde, Puerto Rico, and it was hinted that Floyd might hook up with WBA super welterweight world champion Miguel Cotto, fueling speculation that the the pair would meet to discuss a super fight between the two superstars. However, that meeting never took place. “A fight between Miguel and Floyd will be great for the sport and exciting for the fans around the world,” Bryan Pérez, Executive Director of Promociones Miguel Cotto told *********.com. “Mayweather only have to say ‘yes’ to the challenge.”

July 30th, 2010 http://www.fight news.com/Boxing/mayweather-cotto-update-54778

Not a bad name, but bad timing... people will just say that he ducked Cotto until he lost badly so he just took Manny's leftovers... common sense tells me thats how it would go.

Martinez would be his very best bet if he fights now, or Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                  Sergio vacated the WBC 154 belt that Pac-Margs are fighting for because he couldn't make the weight anymore. Right now he's waiting on 'the most avoided fighter in boxing' to man up and sign on to fight. Floyd can get the winner at middleweight, but I can't see that happening.

And Floyd won't fight Cotto because it will make him too much money, 'Money' can't make too much $ in one year or the IRS will change the tax rule just to rob him blind.
                  That's not true.

He wanted to keep all the titles he won, but wasn't allowed to. He asked for time to make a decision, but after 1 month the WBO stripped him and after 2 months he decided to keep The Ring and WBC titles at 160 and drop it at 154.

He wouldn't offer 155 pound catchweights if he couldn't make 154 anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Come on now Coach.....you know Floyd will fight him....just for that reason
                    LOL So true.

Comment

This was the dream fight that Top Rank was building up for years until Floyd left. This was Gamboa-Juanma but just 20 times bigger and better, this was Duran-Leonard but now I don't know, Cotto has suffer some bad beatings and he is not the same but he is still better than Mosley and can handle boxers well unlike Mosley. Mayweather was not using his feet against Mosley some that might be a sign that he is on the decline.

If it happens at 154 and Mayweather fights like he did against Mosley this could have upset writen all over it.

Comment

Working...
                      X