No announcement yet.

Pac-SSM for WW Lineal Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac-SSM for WW Lineal Title

I think that Shane is going to end up being the 2nd ranked WW after PBF is dropped for inactivity and no plan to fight for more than a year. That would make this fight for the lineal title. (Shane will probably be ranked 3rd by most people this week.)

I think Pac and Mosley's fight should be for the lineal title.

Oh god no, just goes to show how **** the division is that Mosley can still be ranked so highly.

Comment

In the most recent Ring magazine I just got in the mail they said Floyd will be dropped after May 1st (May 2nd) so it's definitely possible, although it all depends on where they rank Ortiz (perhaps there is a chance he'll be ranked 1 spot higher than Mosley).

Comment

If you remove Manny and Floyd out of the welterweight division, the top ten list looks like a freshly laid turd.

Comment

Originally posted by Horvo View Post
          I think that Shane is going to end up being the 2nd ranked WW after PBF is dropped for inactivity and no plan to fight for more than a year. That would make this fight for the lineal title. (Shane will probably be ranked 3rd by most people this week.)

I think Pac and Mosley's fight should be for the lineal title.
          Why? Why would you think it should be?

Mosley hasn't won a fight at WW for over 2 years. He shouldn't be fighting for the Lineage.

The logical person he should beat for the Lineage is the guy who holds a title and just beat the #3 fighter at WW, who was ranked higher than Shane when this fight was signed.

This fight being for the Lineal will be a horrible injustice to boxing history.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Why? Why would you think it should be?

Mosley hasn't won a fight at WW for over 2 years. He shouldn't be fighting for the Lineage.

The logical person he should beat for the Lineage is the guy who holds a title and just beat the #3 fighter at WW, who was ranked higher than Shane when this fight was signed.

This fight being for the Lineal will be a horrible injustice to boxing history.
            When has allowing a horrible injustice in boxing ever stopped the catchweight king, Million dollar fine for every pound over the limit, Manny "Sure im doing something no one has done in boxing before but I still refuse to take a steroid test" Paquiao?

Comment

LOL at a guy who had a draw with Sergio Mora fighting for lineal title

Comment

It may be for the RING title, that doesn't make it for the linear title, as annoying as it is Mayweather is still the closes thing to a linear champ (you could argue he still is since his Baldomir win). People thing the RING title and lineal title are the same, they often are, but not always.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo16031992 View Post
                  It may be for the RING title, that doesn't make it for the linear title, as annoying as it is Mayweather is still the closes thing to a linear champ (you could argue he still is since his Baldomir win). People thing the RING title and lineal title are the same, they often are, but not always.
                  this is exactly right.

If Manny is #1 and Shane is #2 it's for the Ring Belt. That's the rules of the Ring Magazine and it would be legit as absurd as it may sound. But this is a result of Berto losing and floyd being dropped. Again it all depends on where Ortiz is ranked though, he could end up being #2 for all I know.

Comment

this was the rankings, when you break it down, it's not hard to realize Shane could be #2:

1. Manny Pacquiao

2. Floyd Mayweather Jr. (will be removed May 1st)

3. Andre Berto (will drop down do to loss)

4. Shane Mosley

5. Jan Zaveck

6. Joshua Clottey

7. Vyacheslav Senchenko

8. Rafal Jackiewicz

9. Timothy Bradley

10. Mike Jones

So unless you want Jan Zaveck or Vyacheslav Senchenko ranked #2, it has to be either shane or ortiz. I mean other than pac & floyd WW isn't that great of a division anymore.
                    Last edited by ИATAS; 04-18-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X