Is 50 cent a top 5 ATG rapper?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 50 cent a top 5 ATG rapper?

In terms of impact in the rap game

sure his candyshop song took the world by storm.

Comment

Originally posted by slipcatchroll View Post
      In terms of impact in the rap game
      It's hard to break into top 5 after Em... It's tupacs big jay nas and em... Some say Big L others say krs or rakim... But the majority have these rappers as top 5...

Comment

Short answer, NO.

Comment

I think he had a huge impact but it fizzled out quickly. If we're talking about impact, jay, PAC, nas, em, scarface, lil Wayne, and scores more have had a longer lasting impact and equally as influential.

Comment

I would say he made a big impact on the perception/consumption of rap music on an international level, and I'm sure he's an inspiration for some rappers out right now. G-Unit helped push the mixtape game forward as well. He didn't really push the genre forward from an artistic stand-point, but more from a business/brand-building perspective. Maybe a top 5 in terms of using Hip-Hop as a business vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              I would say he made a big impact on the perception/consumption of rap music on an international level, and I'm sure he's an inspiration for some rappers out right now. G-Unit helped push the mixtape game forward as well. He didn't really push the genre forward from an artistic stand-point, but more from a business/brand-building perspective. Maybe a top 5 in terms of using Hip-Hop as a business vehicle.
              Good call on the mixtapes, he really made that take off.

Comment

Hell naw..

Comment

I have him rated right above Roy Jones Jr

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                    It's hard to break into top 5 after Em... It's tupacs big jay nas and em... Some say Big L others say krs or rakim... But the majority have these rappers as top 5...
                    I reckon you can squeeze 50 in there instead of Nas because at the end of the day he was an actual icon. I mean he was a global phenomenon after 'Get rich or die tryin' he added a kinda cool factor to rap which no other rapper has ever done.

IMO as an icon he's right behind Tupac and Biggie but slaughters any others.

Comment

Working...
                    X