Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Adrien Broner all hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has the potential to be hated on just as much as Mayweather, no doubt about that. He doesn't seem to have a great defense, so its going to come down to how tough and how much heart he has.

Comment

He's a good fighter, with extreme hype, a lot of which is due to his own mouth/self promotion...and ripping off Mayweather at every possible chance.

He's showed some skill, but he's been doing it against guys much, much smaller than him and even then he struggled big time with the best of those really small guys that he's faced...that being Ponce, who isn't great himself.

In terms of the division he's been fighting in, he's a good big guy beating up average little guys. We'll see how he goes when he starts to fight guys his own size or even just smaller guys who are elite.

Comment

Welll Floyd is nothing but a Hype job so i guess if hes anything like Floyd ...then Yes! But without Floyd in the the topic...Broner is a hype job by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by TheIcon View Post
          or is he the succeeder possibly to Floyd Mayweather? Will he be a top pound for pound great for many years?
          Ward succeeds Mayweather but Broner will be a top pound for pound great for many years in the near future

Comment

Until he steps up his level of opposition then we won't really know.

But as of right now I'd tend to agree with the statement he's a hypejob just because he hasn't really done much. He's got skills so we'll see how it goes when he eventually moves up.

Comment

He's all hype right now. Hasn't fought anyone, like Canelo, he has the tools but has not been tested yet by an elite fighter so they are just hype. When he steps up we'll see what's up. No Mayweather, NEVER. Don't insult Mayweather like that. But I don't see him being a top 10 p4p for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by TheIcon View Post
                or is he the succeeder possibly to Floyd Mayweather? Will he be a top pound for pound great for many years?
                I think he is somewhere in between. He can punch very hard and he has speed and skills. At his age Mayweather was much better than him and had done much more. He needs to fight better fighters. He might make most top 10 pfp. lists someday but I don't think he will be #1 or #2 for years.

Comment

Hes failed to make weight again!

Comment

He has talent but is being hyped up by HBO.

Comment

from what i've seen he's about 60% hype.

Comment

Working...
                      X