Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marco Simoncelli Dead at 24

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An absolute tragedy, Marco was a talented rider, destined to be a future world champion.

RIP.

Comment

damn, that footage is sickening. R.I.P homie..

Comment

Damn, always been a fan of these guys. Takes some serious balls. RIP

Comment

I stayed up here in cali to watch it live. The 2nd time I've seen a GP rider killed on live tv since daijiro kato. Absolutely sickening crash. Rest in peace #58.

Comment

I am a Motorcyclist myself and it is sad news, but also as bikers, we all know how much risk is involved.

He was a real character, really aggressive style and had that Italian flair when he talked. He was fairly talkative and vocal and was liked, perhaps a Gatti type person for our sport. Not great, but defintiely exciting. In fact he was so aggressive that a few riders had problems with him because he would crash or make others crash at times.

Anyway it was a bad crash, he slid down, and Collin Edwards hit his back, and Rossi hit his neck pretty much at the same time. His helmet came off which is incredibly rare, so that shows you the force of the impact. His face was sliding on the tarmac as well. He layed there still.

RIP.

Comment

Here is the crash for anyone who wants to see it.

Comment

Warning, Graphic.

Comment

No sympathy here, guy died doing what he loved to do. Is there a better way to go out?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    No sympathy here, guy died doing what he loved to do. Is there a better way to go out?
                    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,500645,00.html

Comment

No way, I missed the race because of work and I just found out. Man what a shame..

RIP.

Comment

Working...
                      X