Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rampage wants James Toney for his next fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're dumb enough to believe that Dana would rig a fight and risk losing his license I'm amazed you know how to spell. He has more to lose by rigging a fight than he would ever have to gain.....

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
      I actually think Rampage wrecks him. He has a good chin and Toney's too slow. If Rampage was smart he would just straight up bum rush his slow ass. Toney can hardly beat the bums in this lackluster heavyweight division.

Rampage should fight Bader while Jon Jones fights Machida. Then maybe Rampage can get a title shot or fight Jones for a title shot. BUt I think Bader is higher up then Jones because of competition atleast at this point. No point in Bader vs Jones right now.
      Are you kidding if they stayed on the feet Rampages goes to sleep.
      Last edited by MARKBNLV; 12-04-2010, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Rampage has no buisness trading punches with Toney, if he where a better kick boxer I'd say maybe, but he's a puncher...

Comment

I think Rampage would be crazy enough to stand toe to toe with Toney for a little bit, but I don't think he's dumb enough to fight that way the entire fight. His best bet is to smother Toney against the cage and use his knees and eventually going for the take him down, which is an approach he really hasn't used in awhile.

If he stands up for too long, it will be lights out for Page.

I'd favor the younger, Pride version of Rampage to beat Toney, as he's too one dimensional these days.

There is no way an MMA fighter who only utilizes his boxing can stand a chance against an actual boxing legend like Toney.
          Last edited by blaze778; 12-04-2010, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            Rampage has no buisness trading punches with Toney, if he where a better kick boxer I'd say maybe, but he's a puncher...
            yeah, if they stood toe to toe, toney wins easy

Comment

If Rampage wants to stand up with him why not make it a boxing match and get a bigger paycheck for getting laid out??

Comment

Originally posted by fathergll View Post
                I do agree that Bader and Jones is a waste. It would be almost as bad as when they were talking about having Cain fight Dos Santos for #1 contender last summer.

I really don't see how Bader is a head of Jones at all. Jones is looking more impressive than Bader.

Just look at both of their last 3 fights and tell me who looks more impressive. Granted Jones lost to Hamil by DQ but that was complete bull**** and he was in the process of finishing him. Basically Jones just manhandled Vera, Hamil and Matyushenko. I have yet to see Bader look that good.I'm sure Bader would not be able to walk through Vera like that. Bader might decision him but not stop him in the first.
                The thing is though Vera, Hamil, and Wlad isn't anything special. Bader beat Lil Nog which is a huge win although that fight was close and Lil Nog barely squeezed out his last win. But Lil Nog was still a top 10 arguably top 5 guy and thats enough to rank Bader higher then Jones. Their bringing him up slow.

So thats why im thinking if they want to finally get him into the picture, throw him in the ring with Machida to make a statement. Thats a very close interesting fight. Whereas since Bader is higher ranked in my book on the verge of a title shot, I think Rampage is a good fight for both of them. Winner gets the next shot before Jon Jones takes the belt late next year.

Impressive wins don't really get you a title shot now-a-days. Look at Hardy, Shields, and Maynard. None of them where impressive before their title shots but they win, and I guess thats all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
                  If Rampage wants to stand up with him why not make it a boxing match and get a bigger paycheck for getting laid out??
                  No AC would allow the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    MMA Scrap - Rampage destroys him.

Everybody saw James in the octagon, pityfull sight really. But what about James and Rampage in the octagon with an agreement that this is a battle of fists with those little ass gloves? More interesting to me.....Rockin'
                    if they just stand and trade toney would knock rampage out. the biggest problem i see is that james can't make 205, it would have to be a hw fight

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                      The thing is though Vera, Hamil, and Wlad isn't anything special. Bader beat Lil Nog which is a huge win although that fight was close and Lil Nog barely squeezed out his last win. But Lil Nog was still a top 10 arguably top 5 guy and thats enough to rank Bader higher then Jones. Their bringing him up slow.

So thats why im thinking if they want to finally get him into the picture, throw him in the ring with Machida to make a statement. Thats a very close interesting fight. Whereas since Bader is higher ranked in my book on the verge of a title shot, I think Rampage is a good fight for both of them. Winner gets the next shot before Jon Jones takes the belt late next year.

Impressive wins don't really get you a title shot now-a-days. Look at Hardy, Shields, and Maynard. None of them where impressive before their title shots but they win, and I guess thats all that matters.

Nog's ranking is inflated just like Vera's is deflated so to speak. Bader getting a decision to Nog was in no means as impressive and Jones manhandling Vera. Not even close. You are putting way too much stock into Nog because the judges ****ed up his last split dcsision win and got him a decent ranking.

Look at it this way. Sherdog had Nog at #6 before the Bader fight. But really the judges ****ed up royally in Nog's previous fight with Jason Brilz. Brilz won that fight, no question. On the flip side the Judges screwed Vera and gave Couture the deision against him. Close fight but Vera really won it. Anyone who looks outside the box realizes Nog and Vera and pretty similar in the grand scheme of things. Decision wins over little Nog are no where near as impressive as manhandling Vera. Vera is a durable guy. He went to a decision with Tim Sylvia when Sylvia was still relevant

Thing is impressive wins DO give you title shots. The UFC controls who gets it. Its not a league where wins count. That why the UFC made John Fitch get 8 wins under his belt before fighting GSP. Its because Fitch wasn't impressive. He was laying and praying a lot of guys.

Shields is getting the shot because of the Henderson fight. Thats an impressive feat tanking out Hendo. If Shields just came over he wouldn't get a shot that fast after his last fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X