Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone backing Barker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darren barker is a good fighter and I believe he will win, if he does barker would struggle to hold onto the title in a highly competitive middleweight devision.

Comment

I gotta back the London geeza. Barker en DosRounds!

Comment

I want Barker but have Geale a 2/1 favourite.

I also think Garcia outworks Matthysse so it shows what I know.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
          I want Barker but have Geale a 2/1 favourite.

I also think Garcia outworks Matthysse so it shows what I know.
          For shame, Taansend. For shame

Got nothing new to add here that hasn't already been said, its a close fight that i would t be surprised to see either guy win, but Geale i would give a definite edge too.

Comment

Originally posted by ethangarretty View Post
            Darren barker is a good fighter and I believe he will win, if he does barker would struggle to hold onto the title in a highly competitive middleweight devision.
            I'm edging it to Geale...just, but I like Barker, my personal fave of the three top Brit 160 pounders and would love it if he pulled out a win. He definitely has the skill but Geale is a wiley old customer and knows how to win in big fights.

If Barker does win, he has a great chance for a long title reign as long as he stays away from Martinez and GGG.

Comment

With deep regret, my money is also on Geale.

This guy has the knack of winning not just by being busy and super-fit (attributes he has got in spades) but because he tends to score cleanly, smothers and blocks anything coming his way exceptionally well and is a hugely effective ring general.

Geale is not exciting, but he does not make mistakes, and having won fights as a visitor in Germany he's not going to get spooked about facing Barker on neutral ground (and with the advantage of being the defending champ) in America.

Darren is going to have to put it all-on-the-line to win this one and I am not entirely sure that is his best or most natural game; so I can see Geale being pushed but doing enough to nick the close rounds and having the superior battery power to make the kind of late surge to swing it his way.

....would be delighted to be proved 'egg-on-face' wrong by the way!!

Comment

Barker puts a clinic on him.

Comment

@Mr Ehrmantraut.....

.....sincerely hope so and would love to see this.

But Geale seems to me to be the epitome of that difficult to like, even more difficult to beat kind of champion who somehow keeps racking up the defences against better, more naturally-gifted fighters.

Comment

While I am backing Geale, I feel this will be a close fight 7-5, 8-4 close. I feel Geale will outwork him and I think that Barker may not do enough to win a championship (I hope you understand what that means).

Comment

I'm backing Barker. I think he is certainly capable of outboxing Geale and will do so on the night.

Comment

Working...
                      X