Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marcos Maidana vs. Petr Petrov LIVE FREE ** On www.GoldenBoy.TV (DISCUSSION THREAD)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm a MM fan but that was a weak ass ref man.

The Russian flew all the way down there, at least give him some respect and let him fight. He got up and was ready to go. No reason to wave it off.

He was fine.

Fuk that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Ref stopped it a touch early, the fight was only going one way though so probably merciful in the end.

I think we saw the best and worst of Maidana tonight. Struggled with the movement of an opponent and wildly missing a lot but also persistent and landing some really powerful haymakers, winning with a bodyshot.

McCloskey/Maidana might be interesting as the former is so hard to hit.

Comment

Maidana would kill McCloskey, he's too stationary, great upper body movement but because he's so flat footed Maidana will get on the inside & kill his body, followed by upper cuts.

Comment

Probably a tad early but ive seen far worse stoppages the guy had been down 4 times,he had no power and was gong to take more punishment

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
            anyone else think mm's headmovement looked better???

much better

he gets a bad wrap for getting touched up by some very technical and experienced fighters like kotelnik and faded chop chop
            and very fast ones in ortiz (handspeed) and khan (hand and more importantly footspeed)

i never thought he wasn't going to be able to improve
            though some of his recent performances had perhaps shown a plateau
            here he looked improved.
            the guy can friggin crack

quick stoppage
            but you knew exactly what was going to happen if that fight continued, especially if he's getting dropped to the body.

petrov didn't look terrible either. better than i expected.
            toughster

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              much better

he gets a bad wrap for getting touched up by some very technical and experienced fighters like kotelnik and faded chop chop
              and very fast ones in ortiz (handspeed) and khan (hand and more importantly footspeed)

i never thought he wasn't going to be able to improve
              though some of his recent performances had perhaps shown a plateau
              here he looked improved.
              the guy can friggin crack

quick stoppage
              but you knew exactly what was going to happen if that fight continued, especially if he's getting dropped to the body.

petrov didn't look terrible either. better than i expected.
              toughster
              yeah

streem was pretty low res so i couldnt tell

but sometimes marcos' breathing pattern gets allmessed up and when u arent breathign it ****s ur stamina and it makes u really tense which makes it harder to slip punches

i wonder if he worked on that

if he improved the headmovemtn a little more and his jab( which also looked better IMO) as well as cutting of the ring

i would give him a real solid chance to kick khan's a$$

i would kill to see him ight rios also

Comment

that undercard was a war

Comment

mccloskey is not in the same league as maidana. he struggled against the stationary prescott, maidana would go straight at him and pressure all night, and mcloskey's footwork is garbage, his defense is a weird mix, and his face doesn't like to cooperate. if he plans to block shots with his head maidana is going to rip it apart.
                  maidana would TKO mccloskey in 6-10, most likely a cut stoppage, similar to khan.

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
                    anyone else think mm's headmovement looked better???
                    His upper body movement looked better as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
                      mccloskey is not in the same league as maidana. he struggled against the stationary prescott, maidana would go straight at him and pressure all night, and mcloskey's footwork is garbage, his defense is a weird mix, and his face doesn't like to cooperate. if he plans to block shots with his head maidana is going to rip it apart.
                      maidana would TKO mccloskey in 6-10, most likely a cut stoppage, similar to khan.
                      Man, where have I been. I really wanted to see that fight. When did it happen and what happened?

Comment

Working...
                      X