Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whey Protein is a must to build/maintain muscle fast, avoid Commercial brands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my teens I did no supplements and ate like a pig. Metabolism through the roof. No fat, just slim and trim and a fast runner. ~160 lbs.

IN my mid 20's I tried whey protein. Saw zero benefit. My goal was to lean build.

It wasn't until my late 20's that I realized that my diet and workout alone were achieving the goal, minus the protein. At the time, that was basically Jack In The Box (red meat, mostly) + Mexican food (eggs and chicken mostly) plus basic strength training. But I was gaining fat too. At a point got up to ~200lbs.

In my early 30's I switched the diet up and basically dropped all processed sugars except for white bread. Still gaining weight.

Mid 30's I added a Paravar supplement to my diet (which is basically a natural alternative to Oxandrolone) with no diet change. Down to 175lbs which is where I want to be at my age and height; right in the middle of my range. Paravar includes whey protein as well as other stuff.

What this taught me is that whey protein and diet alone aren't the key. Each is doing something different, but whey protein needs to really be stacked with other types of supplements in order to take effect, and that stack will change based on the goal.

Whereas diet changes alone will, as mentioned, get you to the goal, just slower.

Comment

Originally posted by HtotheZ View Post
      I used to feel the EXACT same way that you did about whey protein for years and considered it essential for making progress. However, all of this changed when I got diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Dis and was told to cut it out of my diet entirely.

I hated having to go from 3-4 scoops of protein per day to 0. I thought it was gonna slow me down big time, but to my surprise I found myself making the exact same gains & progress I was making when I was taking it regularly.

That experience alone has me convinced that protein supplements are not really worth investing in unless you're a high performance athlete. They're mostly a bunch of hype and unnecessary. You can make the same progress without them
      What Brand did you use commercial with the dangerous additives? Many people have developed Chorhns disease, UC, Kidney problems, liver and bowel issues with these bodybuilding supplements.

And you get the ones who boast that they are not affected but not realizing that their body is slowly destroying themselves until after years of contaminated commercial whey and bodybuilding supps it will hit them out of the blue and they will still be in denial.

Comment

I put on 20lbs in 3 mths just eating Maccas and drinking beer.

No whey needed.

Also the whole natural is better thing is a fallacy.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          What Brand did you use commercial with the dangerous additives? Many people have developed Chorhns disease, UC, Kidney problems, liver and bowel issues with these bodybuilding supplements.

And you get the ones who boast that they are not affected but not realizing that their body is slowly destroying themselves until after years of contaminated commercial whey and bodybuilding supps it will hit them out of the blue and they will still be in denial.
          Any links to scientific evidence of these claims or just horse**** you read on naturalnews or saw on YouTube?

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
            Any links to scientific evidence of these claims or just horse**** you read on naturalnews or saw on YouTube?
            I dont know lets just wait for someone to cough up a couple million or hundred thousand to do a scientific study so we know if something is safe to 100 people group study. in the mean time we can just ignore our human instinct and wait for science to tell us and not our body if something reacts well to us or not.

Comment

Any alternatives to whey? I'm lactose intolerant and when have a whey protein shake I feel like my gut is going to fall out.

I'm on this at the minute but it tastes like I'm rimming a dog:
              http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutr.../10637445.html

Any alternatives would be great. I do consume a good amount of protein through diet but I still need to supplement as my muscles don't repair as quickly as they did without the protein.

Comment

I love On's Hydro Whey

Comment

Working...
                X