Video of me in training, hitting the heavy bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty impressive

Comment

Not even one defensive move for the shots that would obviously be thrown back at you?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        Not even one defensive move for the shots that would obviously be thrown back at you?
        Bags...don't hit back!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
          Bags...don't hit back!
          Fool!............

Comment

Fool!............
            I was taught to be defensively mindful on the bags but also that doing defensive moves is almost useless.

You don't see Mayweather using the shoulder roll while putting rds in on the bag.The heavy is to focus on power specifically without worrying about what comes back at you. You can build power in sparring but you have to worry about what comes back at you.

Keep your hands up and don't throw lazy punches, that is about all a fighter needs to worry about defensively on the bag.

Comment

I was taught to be defensively mindful on the bags but also that doing defensive moves is almost useless.

You don't see Mayweather using the shoulder roll while putting rds in on the bag.The heavy is to focus on power specifically without worrying about what comes back at you. You can build power in sparring but you have to worry about what comes back at you.

Keep your hands up and don't throw lazy punches, that is about all a fighter needs to worry about defensively on the bag.
              I've seen Mayweather use the roll on the bag.
              Usually when he doesn't use a defensive move is when he is doing that non-stop punching for conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                I've seen Mayweather use the roll on the bag.
                Usually when he doesn't use a defensive move is when he is doing that non-stop punching for conditioning.
                It's obviously a rare thing. I have never seen him use it on the bag personally...but then again I have only watched a few videos of him doing heavy bag work.

Comment

Yeah right. Try doing what you do on the bag in a fight. You come in, flurry a bit and then back out of it with your hands down and your head is up in the air like a pumpkin on a fence pole just begging to be abused. The **** that you do on the bag will follow you in to fights. Like your front foot being brought back and then put right back in. Someone will time you and ring your bells man.

Do what you do man, you're the only one who will suffer because of these things that I've pointed out.

It all translates to novice boxer.

How many bouts have you had so far?.........
                  Last edited by Rockin'; 11-01-2016, 09:30 PM.

Comment

They are hardly useless, ever think of countering after the moves? Oh, that's when you back out and step right back in with your chin in the air and your hands down.

Comment

Yeah right. Try doing what you do on the bag in a fight. You come in, flurry a bit and then back out of it with your hands down and your head is up in the air like a pumpkin on a fence pole just begging to be abused. The **** that you do on the bag will follow you in to fights. Like your front foot being brought back and then put right back in. Someone will time you and ring your bells man.

Do what you do man, you're the only one who will suffer because of these things that I've pointed out.

It all translates to novice boxer.

How many bouts have you had so far?.........
                      Yeah that's why you don't do what you will in a fight on the bag. That is what sparring is for. If you are talking about me then you are confused with someone else because I don't come in and flurry lol. I've been at my gym for most of this year and have yet to get my bell rung. We got mma fighters, pro fighters, golden gloves national champs... we got em all. If your little theory was right then it would have happened by now but seeing as I ain't no chump that won't happen.

Show us your boxrec record then I'll take your advice. I'm not going to concede to a random guy on the internet with no proof. Never had any problems with you before but I'm not going to let you try and bltch me around like they might let you in wherever tf you are from just because you claim to be a former pro.

Comment

Working...
                      X