Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Did Salvador Sanchez Have Such A Struggle With Pat Cowdell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Did Salvador Sanchez Have Such A Struggle With Pat Cowdell?

Sanchez was in his prime and takes on pretty unknown British Champion Pat Cowdell who has a record of 19-2. And Sanchez could only manage a SD over him. Interesting....

Why did Sanchez have such a struggle with a fighter who he should of blew away?

obviously sanchez is overrated.

but seriously, you can't blow them all out, i mean hell, look at what erik morales perpetuated his entire career ... ALWAYS fighting down to the level of his opposition.

it's like some bad ass fighters are confused or take pity when the guy in front of them suck balls as prize fighters.

i call it having a good heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Power View Post
      Sanchez was in his prime and takes on pretty unknown British Champion Pat Cowdell who has a record of 19-2. And Sanchez could only manage a SD over him. Interesting....

Why did Sanchez have such a struggle with a fighter who he should of blew away?
      Because Pat was a decent fighter, underrated.

He gave Sanchez some issues, but Sanchez clearly beat him.

Pat's a nice guy, he lives 10 minutes from me.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Because Pat was a decent fighter, underrated.

He gave Sanchez some issues, but Sanchez clearly beat him.

Pat's a nice guy, he lives 10 minutes from me.
        I agree he was decent but I'd expect Sanchez to finish inside the distance. Consdering he was coming off that amazing win over Gomez. And consdering what Nelson also done to him.

Whats Cowdell up to now a days?

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Power View Post
          I agree he was decent but I'd expect Sanchez to finish inside the distance. Consdering he was coming off that amazing win over Gomez. And consdering what Nelson also done to him.

Whats Cowdell up to now a days?
          Just a clash of styles I guess.

No one expected him to last the distance and he did great to have some good rounds. He did lose though, clearly, he admits that. He doesn't try an claim he should have won.

I'm not even sure if he lives in Smethwick anymore. I don't know him personally but I have spoke with him multiple times. He's a real nice guy.
          Last edited by IronDanHamza; 08-04-2011, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Because Sanchez never looked great against guys who didn't play into his counterpunching hands.

The only guys he really blew out in his title fights were Lopez, Gomez, and Castanon....and they all went marching right into him.

Comment

Rocky Lockridge would've been a helluva fight for Salvador.

Comment

Working...
              X