Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is this writer who lied about boxing's TV ratings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
    croz whats up with u and tv ratings lol
    good ratings are the lifeblood of the sport. I wouldn't feel the need to bang on about them so much if boxing media had the cop on to flaunt them around similar to what the UFC do when they get good ratings. Someone writing up a report saying boxing bombed during THE OLYMPICS of all things gives boxing a very bad rep. It was a while ago but still every now and again someone brings up that boxing bombed in the olympics and point to the articles I posted. Rather than me posting the true figures around on a forum I'd rather some boxing journalists could do it but they never really bother.

By comparison in the UFC when they get good ratings on FOX or whatever they're on they make sure everyone knows about it. This is one of the reasons they attract so much attention. Even if Dana outright lies about ratings such as those BS ones in Brazil the MMA media repeat it like clockwork to get the word out. Meanwhile we have similar things like boxing getting good ratings on CBS and NBC but the news passes in a whimper.

Likewise, a while ago a woman's boxing match sold out 50k seats yet the news barely reaches us. If that were in MMA they would make sure everyone knew about it. In boxing you'd be lucky to find some guy posting about it on a forum.
    Last edited by croz; 03-04-2013, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
      Neither article says that. Why would you even bother saying that?
      yes it does. My first post is a direct quote from the first article.
      It was their highest viewership in the timeslot for two years! One article gives no numbers for boxing and the other clearly states it was their highest viewer ship in the time for 2 years.
      yea it was their highest viewership on CNBC in 2 years since the unwatched Winter Olympics. Do you know what they show on CNBC? News stuff. Of course the Olympics are going to get the highest rating since the previous Olympics, they don't have anything on that channel that anybody would actually watch otherwise. And this boxing was down in numbers from the previous boxing while collectively the viewership from Bejjing went up 12%
      Why do you even post on this forum? You're clearly not a boxing fan. Any good news that gets posted here you're the first one to come in and try **** on it.
      It's not really good news. Now if they numbers were higher then Bejjing, I'd say it was a success. But they weren't, in fact they were down while every other sport was up

Comment

Working...
      X